Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crib time?

1. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Crib time?

Advertisements
    I'm not ready YET, but when did you move your little one to their crib in the nursery at night? (We do have a monitor system)

Right now, she's still in her Pack-N-Play/bassinet next to the bed. I've been trying to put her in her crib during the day for naps, but it's making her naps SO much shorter than if she's downstairs or sleeping in her current "bed"; I'm talking she's up in like 10-20 minutes as opposed to her 1-2 hour naps downstairs (swing, floor, bouncy seat, being held) or her "bed" where she sleeps 4-6 hours at a chunk.

I start back to work next week () and am thinking I should try to get her sleeping in her crib before I have to go back "full time" in August so I can catch up on sleep on my days off if it doesn't go well
  2. Senior Member
    We transitioned Aidan to his crib for bedtime at 6 months. He would only nap if someone was holding him until a year. But he did great in his crib at night at 6 months. Shortly after he decided he was done being swaddled.
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I think chase was 6 or 7 mos. I just wasn't ready. He sucked at napping in his crib but once he started sleeping in there at night he became a great napper. He slept in his rock n play and really the only reason we switched him was cause he got too big and would twist and turn in it. I just had bad anxiety with him in his crib but my anxiety got worse once he began to roll in the sleep n play.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My oldest was 6-8 weeks. My younger 3 were 5-6 months. I was still nursing my youngest at 6 months when we put her in her crib and it almost killed me. On one hand I wanted the us time and space for DH and I but I wasn't completely ready to move her either. She slept in the bed with me until then. DH slept elsewhere cause we didn't trust him to be able to sleep in bed with her.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm no help, Tristen was in his crib since night one.
  6. Senior Member
    Cole is 7 months on Sunday and he's still in the Rock N Play and will be for the foreseeable future. . I have no interest or need to move him into his room and having him next to me is just SO convienent for tiny things like popping his paci in.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Moderator

We don't even have a nursery. He'll be in our room for the foreseeable future.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt went into his own room/crib (from our bed) at 8/9mos. Emmett doesn't have a room here and won't have a room until we move but I've already started putting him into the pack n play at the foot of our bed for all naps and a portion of the night. Only reason he comes back into our bed at night is because I don't have room for a chair in there to nurse in and it's just easier to nurse him lying down and we fall asleep together.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Naomi was 5 months when she started wanting to be in her own crib.

Edmund is still
    With us simply because I don't trust his sister to not crawl
    Into the crib with him and DH is anti video monitor.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    Naomi was 5 months when she started wanting to be in her own crib.

Edmund is still
    With us simply because I don't trust his sister to not crawl
    Into the crib with him
    and DH is anti video monitor.
    I was literally JUST talking to my mom about the boys and how we're planning to have them share a room and my only hesitation is that Wyatt might try to get into the crib with Emmett. We do, however, have one video monitor currently and one waiting for us with my parents so I can have constant surveillance of an entire room
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast