Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carseat woes...

1. Senior Member

Carseat woes...

Advertisements
    For serious, how do you choose the best one?

I'm stuck between Chicco and Uppa.

I like the Chicco because it's more affordable and user friendly.
    However the Uppa has a higher front, for added safety. It's just a tad more on the cha-ching side.

What are your recommendations?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    No cars eat is safer then the other when used right so don't let "extra" safety make you spend more money.
    Chicco is always recommend causes they fit newborns very well!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We got Keyfit 30s because they fit better (we need three across in back), they work better with more double strollers, and they were better sized for preemies in case the babies came early or come out small. It really depends on what features you want, because they are all tested the same way, and get either a pass or a fail. Used correctly they are ALL safe, so you are paying for aesthetics, and stuff like what features you want and what fits in your vehicle.

4. Senior Member
    I love my Britax. It's awesome and I really like the compatible stroller because it's very similar to the City Mini without quite as hefty of a pricetag.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Moderator

I'd just go to a Babies R Us and test some in the car(s) the seat(s) will be in and see what fits best, because like Mac said, there's really not much difference in safety amongst properly-installed, properly used seats. If you're going to use them correctly it's really more a matter of preference!
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

The Chicco is going to fit smaller babies better and likely last longer than the uppa which has lower weight and height limits I believe. I have a Keyfit 30 we love it.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

We LOVED our keyfit! We also just got the Nextfit for Ansley and seriously, it's an amazing seat!!! Installing it was AMAZING and this is coming from someone who has installed quite a few seats
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    We LOVED our keyfit! We also just got the Nextfit for Ansley and seriously, it's an amazing seat!!! Installing it was AMAZING and this is coming from someone who has installed quite a few seats
    I'm so glad to hear this about your NextFit! I actually was about to PM you and ask you a question, but I will ask here so everyone will benefit from your expertise.

Does the NextFit have a decent front to back width? I have a Subaru Tribeca so I don't need it to be super tiny but I would like to have it to fit behind the driver or passenger at some point when we decide to have another little. I was seriously considering the Recaro but after reading about its short height restriction I may skip it.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm so glad to hear this about your NextFit! I actually was about to PM you and ask you a question, but I will ask here so everyone will benefit from your expertise.

Does the NextFit have a decent front to back width? I have a Subaru Tribeca so I don't need it to be super tiny but I would like to have it to fit behind the driver or passenger at some point when we decide to have another little. I was seriously considering the Recaro but after reading about its short height restriction I may skip it.

I feel like I remember seeing/reading somewhere that it was pretty compact! We have it in a Honda Odyssey so i can't tell you for sure but you should be able to try them out in BRU/TRU We did have it installed for a day in the rental, which was a Toyota Camry SE. I'd like to say itll fit bc i feel like it is pretty compact. Honestly i'm REALLY happy with the nextfit. The only thing that would've made it even better was if they had made it RF until 45lbs vs 40. We should get almost a year out of it RF bc A bounces between 33lbs and 35lbs but it is pretty awesome. I havent installed it with seat belt yet but with LATCH it is SUPER SUPER SO AMAZINGLY easy! I'm pretty confident that seat belt install will be easy too as it has lock offs on the side The harness is pretty easy to use, the harness pads are a bit annoying but they can be removed if need be. The seat is pretty soft and wipes easily.

Are we friends on FB? If not, let me know, and I'll add you and you can see a pic of Ansley in her seat in the camry!

ETA nvm here ya go!

A is 38" and has a torso length of 14-14.5 i think i said on CSFTL? I can't remember. She's in 3t and some 4t things.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I feel like I remember seeing/reading somewhere that it was pretty compact! We have it in a Honda Odyssey so i can't tell you for sure but you should be able to try them out in BRU/TRU We did have it installed for a day in the rental, which was a Toyota Camry SE. I'd like to say itll fit bc i feel like it is pretty compact. Honestly i'm REALLY happy with the nextfit. The only thing that would've made it even better was if they had made it RF until 45lbs vs 40. We should get almost a year out of it RF bc A bounces between 33lbs and 35lbs but it is pretty awesome. I havent installed it with seat belt yet but with LATCH it is SUPER SUPER SO AMAZINGLY easy! I'm pretty confident that seat belt install will be easy too as it has lock offs on the side The harness is pretty easy to use, the harness pads are a bit annoying but they can be removed if need be. The seat is pretty soft and wipes easily.

Are we friends on FB? If not, let me know, and I'll add you and you can see a pic of Ansley in her seat in the camry!

ETA nvm here ya go!

A is 38" and has a torso length of 14-14.5 i think i said on CSFTL? I can't remember. She's in 3t and some 4t things.
    Oh this is so cute!! Thank you so much! DS is only 6 months now and short for his age (40th%) so I have a while before I actually need to purchase a convertible. I'm hoping to snap up a deal during a sale and wanted to go ahead and have an idea of what I like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast