Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recaro ProRide Convertible?

1. Senior Member

Recaro ProRide Convertible?

Advertisements
    Does anyone have this seat or any opinions on it one way or another?

DH is determined that this is the convertible seat he wants for DS. Why, I have no idea, something about race cars?

Anyhow. I've read the reviews on Amazon and they are overwhelmingly positive. I'm currently waiting to be added to the Carseats for Littles group where I'll be sure to ask questions as well. Just wanted to see if any of you ladies have experience.

And to add additional information: My car is a Subaru Tribeca and DS runs in the 40% for both height and weight. We currently have a Britax BSafe infant seat.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    I looked in their recommended seats for some more info but that one is not listed.

Here is a link to their recommended seats though until you are able to ask

Recommended Seats | Car Seats For The Littles
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

3. Senior Member
    I know that it isn't often recommended on Car Seats for the Littles for a few reasons. I don't think it's super long lasting (although if your DS is small, that's not much of an issue), it doesn't have a ton of leg room, and it's pretty big! Definitely ask on the FB group when you get approved, because they should be able to tell from your circumstances if it would work for you guys--like what kind of car it would go in, and how big your DS is (and they can also suggest seats that would work better, if it wouldn't).

Good luck with the car seat shopping! I hope you get approved for Car Seats for the Littles soon, they are tremendously helpful!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna. View Post
    I looked in their recommended seats for some more info but that one is not listed.

Here is a link to their recommended seats though until you are able to ask

Recommended Seats | Car Seats For The Littles
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer_tex View Post
    I know that it isn't often recommended on Car Seats for the Littles for a few reasons. I don't think it's super long lasting (although if your DS is small, that's not much of an issue), it doesn't have a ton of leg room, and it's pretty big! Definitely ask on the FB group when you get approved, because they should be able to tell from your circumstances if it would work for you guys--like what kind of car it would go in, and how big your DS is (and they can also suggest seats that would work better, if it wouldn't).

Good luck with the car seat shopping! I hope you get approved for Car Seats for the Littles soon, they are tremendously helpful!
    Thank you! I was approved last night and someone actually asked the question right before I submitted mine so I was able to ride on their question coat tails.

I'm pretty disappointed that they don't recommend it. It seems to be disliked based on the low height restriction rather than safety, comfort, etc. DH may still get one of these for his truck but I'm looking more into the Next Fit or Diono Radian now. I think 2 convertible seats will work best for us because pick up/drop off at day care will be different day to day.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    we had one! my husband loved it. we gave it to someone though and now we both have recaro prosports and love those too.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterQueen View Post
    we had one! my husband loved it. we gave it to someone though and now we both have recaro prosports and love those too.
    Ooo, what are the ProSports about? Is it still a convertible seat?

7. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Ooo, what are the ProSports about? Is it still a convertible seat?
    no its ff only

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterQueen View Post
    no its ff only
    That must be why I haven't come across it yet. DS is only 6 months so I'm looking for something for the long haul.

9. Senior Member
    We have a Pro Ride. It sits super high and I can tell you that DD won't last in it too much longer - she's 2.5 now but super tall (95th percentile). If I try to pick her up to put her in, I usually bonk her head : / I'm wishing we would have bought something else, but with that being said, I will still use it for DD2. I'm too cheap to sell it off and take the hit. I think the Diono would have been a better option.
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Thank you! I was approved last night and someone actually asked the question right before I submitted mine so I was able to ride on their question coat tails.

I'm pretty disappointed that they don't recommend it. It seems to be disliked based on the low height restriction rather than safety, comfort, etc. DH may still get one of these for his truck but I'm looking more into the Next Fit or Diono Radian now. I think 2 convertible seats will work best for us because pick up/drop off at day care will be different day to day.
    Well, that's bc all seats on the market are equally safe Also for the amount of money being spent, you can buy one that lasts longer or gives better/more leg room etc.

As for the nextfit, we just got one for Ansley and let me tell ya, I LOVE this seat. It is AMAZING to install! SO stinkin easy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast