Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Successful stretch mark fading? Mederma?

1. Regular Member

Successful stretch mark fading? Mederma?

Advertisements
    Does anyone have successful stories about creams or products you used to fade/remove your stretch marks after pregnancy? I moisturized religiously all through pregnancy and still am, at full term... due any day... but they came in with a vengeance around 32 weeks. :/ An old coworker of mine swears by Mederma. Anyone else have suggestions? I was very thin before pregnancy, so my tummy's taken quite a hit.
  2. Senior Member
    I used a lot of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil for mine. I had some bad ones on my sides--really wide and dark, dark purple. Now, they are pretty much the same color as my skin. I also tried Bio Oil, but it worked just about the same, and is a lot more expensive. To be honest, I think most products work about the same, and the biggest thing that will help them fade is time.

I get your frustration with them, though! I was so good about putting lotion everywhere I thought I might get them, and they still popped up right towards the end of my pregnancy. So annoying!
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I tried everything under the sun during and after pregnancy, nothing helped mine fade except time, and as silly as it sounds, getting some color (sun bathing/tanning/etc).

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    20% glycolic acid helps fade it, as can retinols. Oil will keep it hydrated and help reduce the appearance for some since it helps promote healing, but it won't do much for old marks. Mederma is also good, but glycolic acid tends to be a better bet.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I didn't use anything and they faded all on their own in time.

6. Regular Member
    Lol how much time are we talking.... And yes, I did hear that getting a tan helped, but wouldn't you know, we're stationed in an area that has zero tanning salons! haha
  7. Senior Member
    Stretch-marks never completely disappear (that I know of). Tanning kinda helps mine but it's like a scar, so it won't tan the same color as the rest of my skin. Mine look white and shiny now. You can't tell they are there unless you are up close. I don't remember how much time it took for them to fade but they are tolerable after a year or so.
  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Time is the only thing that worked.. People have all kinds of things they will say they tried and worked. Which either yeah it really did or they got lucky and didn't get many/have good enough skin where they faded. I tried everything under the sun to get rid of the ones on my boobs with no prevail though (only place I had them last time. This time I already have them on my thighs and butt. .)
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Well I have been pregnant 3 times in three years and most of my stretch marks are barely visible even though I am 32w pregnant with twins right now and measuring 48w. So, not long really. They had time to fade between babies even though I had them back to back and most of them are still barely there even though I have two in there now!