Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Crazy postpartum hormones?

1. Senior Member

Crazy postpartum hormones?

Advertisements
    Has anyone else had any weird postpartum issues, out of the norm? I swear, I always have to have extreme stuff happen to me.

I'm over 3 months PP (Charlotte is 14 weeks) from my delivery and my hormones feel SO OUT OF WHACK. I'm not on any birth control and I'm not pregnant again. lol.

Symptoms:
    - I haven't lost ANY weight in over 8 weeks, despite nursing exclusively, watching what I'm eating and going on 3 mile walks with my double stroller. I need to lose a good 50lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight and at least 30lbs to get to my pre-baby#2 weight.

-I lost my armpit hair almost completely and my arm hair is almost gone...it's just tiny peach fuzz.

-My skin is super super super dry and itchy. I was getting a weird rash on the backs of my arms and the backs of my legs - with no explanation except that it's hormonal (per doc).

- Despite being all healed "down there" - sex hurts SO bad...like my body is just so dried out. Even with lube, it's miserable. Blah!

Any idea how long this will last? Will my body get with the program and ease up a bit, eventually? With DD1 I didn't have most of these issues...
  2. Senior Member
    That sort of sounds like a thyroid issue to me. Have you had your thyroid checked lately?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Have you talked to a nutrtionist?
    Its possible you aren't eating enough.

Also maybe more water. The dryness leads me to dehydration.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    No, I've never had my thyroid checked. At Charlotte's 3 month check up, I was talking to her pediatrician (who is a mom of 4, currently nursing also) and she said her pregnancy and postpartum symptoms get worse and worse with each kid and that it's totally normal. She said when I start to lose my hair in another month or two, it will probably be twice as bad as with my first...

I haven't talked to a nutritionist - I was going to try logging my calories into a food program to see where I'm at. Also, considering getting a fitbit thing just to kind of see where I'm at activity wise. I'm honestly more sedentary than I should be, imo. Mostly because I've been having some back and pelvic issues from the pregnancy.

I KNOW I need to drink more water. I do good some days and other times, totally space it. I'm also taking an allergy medication that might be a bit drying too.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Postpartum symptoms can take 3-4 months to peak, too. It sucks ass, but that's just the nature of the beast. My hair loss was SO MUCH WORSE after my second, I didn't lose a single lb no matter what I did while I was still BFing (and I was pumping which isn't supposed to give the same effects, but low and behold, still effected me), and I definitely had weird skin changes, too. Water will definitely help, not just with the skin but you know how great it is for supply and can possibly help with the weight loss, too. Hell, it may even help with the sex, but honestly, that part could take a while.

Pregnancy is sexy. I love how the sexiness lasts so long after the birth, too.

6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I also wanted to add ...

My 3rd pregnancy..pp symptoms, hormone changes, etc lasted a good 18 months. It was twins and my only c-section so i'm sure if that had an effect, but it was 18 months before my body got back to normal.
    With my first two I want to say it was about 6 months before back to normal. With the 4th one, it took about 9 months to get to normal.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't