Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New mom... feeling overwhelmed!

1. Regular Member

New mom... feeling overwhelmed!

Advertisements
    Hi!

I'm a new mom with a 3 month old boy, my husband is on his 3rd deployment, and he will be gone for the better part of this year. This is our first deployment with the baby and it comes with a lot of new challenges.

I don't have a lot of family around (my closest relatives, an Aunt and Uncle, live 4 hours away) and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed! When we were stationed in Japan it was easier because not only did I not have the baby, but I felt comfortable going home to see family. Going home now is so much more stressful with the baby, everyone wants to see him and it really doesn't make life any easier.

So, instead, for extra help I hired a sitter for twice a week so I have time to myself, to run errands or go to the gym, etc. but sometimes I just feel exceptionally lonely. I see friends, I get out, I don't just hide away inside--but still, it can get hard, especially at night. Part of me just wants to power through it ... but it can't hurt to get a little moral support or tips from people who have been there themselves!!

Any words of wisdom?

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Lots and lots of
    Really it sounds like your doing all the "right things" that you can do during a deployment. You Re having you time , seeing friends. Really you just have to power through it. Maybe find another hobby but mainly just focus on your next plans you have.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Regular Member
    Thanks! I needed that reassurance! Ready to POWER THROUGH!
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cait_h View Post
    Thanks! I needed that reassurance! Ready to POWER THROUGH!
    I'm powering through too I have a 2&3 year old. Hopefully less then 2 months left now. Nights are the worse for sure, even more so being in england
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Regular Member
    Oh England! We would LOVE to go there! It's on our dream sheet, along with the other Europe duty stations (Naples, Rota, etc.).

Congrats on less than 2 months now (hopefully) that's exciting!