Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Addicted to cloth!!

1. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker

Addicted to cloth!!

Advertisements
    I didn't know there was a row of snaps to adjust so Nolan kept peeing out of his CD's Once I had them fitted properly (thanks to a CDing friend of mine!) I fell IN LOVE! Buying diapers from Chaleigh and talking about CDing didn't help either, buuuut...I'm OBSESSED WITH CLOTH!
    Seriously, we're even using cloth wipes now

Anyone else wants to talk about cloth diapering? i'm still learning and I'm super excited for the fitted diapers to arrive

2. Senior Member
    I don't have babies yet, but my plan is to use cloth. So much better for the environment, so much better for the baby, and so much better for the wallet! Glad to hear you are having a good experience!
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I loved cloth, although I wasn't a fan of fitteds. I always used pockets, and I definitely had a bit of buying obsession. I did the same thing (with the snaps), when I first bought them. I didn't realize they snapped according to their current size, and grew with them

DS also ended up having a sensitivity to wipes when he was younger so we went with cloth wipes and spray for him instead. I tried quite a few brands, and these were hands down the best: http://www.pureandsimplebaby.com/Gro...FS4aOgodVFsATw

4. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    I don't have babies yet, but my plan is to use cloth. So much better for the environment, so much better for the baby, and so much better for the wallet! Glad to hear you are having a good experience!
    I think once he's eating solids and the poo's change I'll have to adjust to that but for now it's as easy as disposable! Just toss it all in a lined trashcan and throw it all in the wash every other day. The only difference is the extra step of stuffing the diapers but it takes like 5 minutes, so no biggie. I hope you're able to cloth diaper, too!

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    I loved cloth, although I wasn't a fan of fitteds. I always used pockets, and I definitely had a bit of buying obsession. I did the same thing (with the snaps), when I first bought them. I didn't realize they snapped according to their current size, and grew with them

DS also ended up having a sensitivity to wipes when he was younger so we went with cloth wipes and spray for him instead. I tried quite a few brands, and these were hands down the best: Grovia Reusable Cloth Baby Wipes 12 Pack
    I use a Charmin container and store washcloths (the really thin Circo ones) in there with the solution. I'll have to see if use enough in a day to keep doing it that way, I don't want them sitting too long! I was wetting them as needed but I didn't like having to do that step as I had a naked, squirmy baby. If this doesn't work I'll get a spray bottle!

5. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Maggie View Post
    I have some of those, I forget which brand. For now they're useless because of the breastfed poo I tried them but didn't really need them as nothing is coming out that sits on it I plan to use them though once he's older

7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I have some of those, I forget which brand. For now they're useless because of the breastfed poo I tried them but didn't really need them as nothing is coming out that sits on it I plan to use them though once he's older
    Yeah, the liners never worked for me, and honestly, as gross as it sounds, EBF babies poop is water soluble, so you don't actually need to clean them off or rinse them before throwing them in the washing machine.

8. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    I never used them with EBF poop, but they did come in handy when she started eating solids. We did BLW so she started on whole peas and small bits of other food so things got ummm....interesting lol.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  9. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Yeah, the liners never worked for me, and honestly, as gross as it sounds, EBF babies poop is water soluble, so you don't actually need to clean them off or rinse them before throwing them in the washing machine.
    I love that part of boobie feeding

10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I love that part of boobie feeding
    I think that was the main reason I didn't mind CDing the first 6 months After that, I got a diaper sprayer, and it wasn't too bad, but after that and moving from home to home, not having a washing machine, etc...I just went back to sposies.

I definitely plan to CD the next one from 1 month-6 months at least. I couldn't CD a newborn in that first month, that poop is just far too disgusting for me

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast