Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Car seat help, getting conflicting information

1. Senior Member

Car seat help, getting conflicting information

Advertisements
    So since our DD is due mid January we are looking to install her car seat in our vehicle within the next week or so. DS will be two in a few weeks, and is now in a forward facing seat in the middle. I had thought that the best thing to do would be to position each car seat behind either the driver or passenger seat but now I'm reading on various car seat forums that the best thing to do is to keep DS in the middle since he is forward facing and put DD on either side of him. My parents think it's best to put DD in the middle since she is the youngest, however everything I read so far is that she is better protected than DS because she will be rear facing and he is forward facing. I'm just really confused as to what the best thing to do will be and I don't want to risk putting either of them in harms way. Any suggestions/advice?
  2. Senior Member
    You want the least protected child in the middle. In this case, since you ff your ds, he needs to be in the middle. If you want to turn him back to rf, then they both can go outboard, or you can put the new baby in the middle and ds outboard. But since ds is ff, he needs to be in the middle, no question.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    You want the least protected child in the middle. In this case, since you ff your ds, he needs to be in the middle. If you want to turn him back to rf, then they both can go outboard, or you can put the new baby in the middle and ds outboard. But since ds is ff, he needs to be in the middle, no question.
    Thanks!
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

This is true. But only provided you can get a good and proper fit with both seats that way. If you cannot then it is safer to have it however you get the best proper fit for both seats.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree with everyone. IF you can get a good instal on both seats side by side, the ffing one goes in the middle. But if you cannot get a good instal that way I would just put one on one side and one on the other.

Have you checked out car seats for the littles on facebook?
  6. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    If you have a Facebook I suggest joining the Car Seats For The Littles group. They're sooo helpful!

Rear facing is MUCH safer (My boys will be rear facing as long as their car seats let them) than forward facing so the forward facing child should be put in the middle since that's the safer spot. That's my understanding but try asking on that car seat group.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    This is true. But only provided you can get a good and proper fit with both seats that way. If you cannot then it is safer to have it however you get the best proper fit for both seats.

These As long as you have a good install in the middle, he should be in the middle. Keep in mind though that if you DO join the CSFTL group, they will most def recommend that your DS be turned back RF since it is the safest for him right now.