Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Co sleeping.

1. Senior Member

Co sleeping.

Advertisements
    I will preface this by saying I don't co-sleep nor do I intend to in the future, I'm just curious.

For those of you that co-sleep or know someone that does, how do you/they do it? Do you have a co-sleeper on the side of your bed or do you just put them right in the bed with you? I'm just curious because I fell asleep breast feeding Cole on my side the other night and woke up an hour later. I freaked when I woke up thinking of what could have happened.

I am by no means judging those who choose to co-sleep, I just know it isn't for me.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We have only co-slept (in the same room), no bed sharing when they were little. They have crawled into bed with us in the middle of the night now that they are a bit older. There are rules to safe bed sharing, things like baby on the side by mom not in the middle, no loose blankets or pillows near the baby, no sleeping by a wall where they can get stuck between, stuff like that. I would be very very careful if we did decide to bed share, but I really think I am too paranoid to do it.

3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I think bed sharing is what you're referring to? I think co sleeping just means they're in your room from what I've read.

But I never did either or. I'm terrified to have kid sleep sleep in the same bed too. I fell asleep nursing her once in the bed and I woke up and had a nervous break down lol. I bawled my eyes out cause I was scared like what if I didn't wake up? Even now I'm still scared she might suffocate or something if I let her sleep in my bed.

I always just got up to nurse her in her room in the glider and when she was done I put her back in her crib.

4. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I am all for co-sleeping but not bed sharing. Co sleeping means they are in the same room. So we co-slept by having the crib side carred to our bed. Everyone had their own space, and yet we were in arm's reach of each other. I didnt have to get up to do things in the middle of the night. I had a place to nurse/feed, change baby, and get everyone back down with very minimal movement.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderbelly View Post
    We have only co-slept (in the same room), no bed sharing when they were little. They have crawled into bed with us in the middle of the night now that they are a bit older. There are rules to safe bed sharing, things like baby on the side by mom not in the middle, no loose blankets or pillows near the baby, no sleeping by a wall where they can get stuck between, stuff like that. I would be very very careful if we did decide to bed share, but I really think I am too paranoid to do it.
    I am waaay to paranoid too. Cole sleeps in the room with us but in his Rock n Play which he doesn't love but tolerates.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

When Levi is having a rough night I let him sleep on my chest. Never a full night, usually only from one feed to the next so 4 hours max. I prop myself up almost sitting and put pillows on either side of my body so I'm not rolling/moving. And I wake up to every movement or noise he makes, crazy how I can go from a dead sleeper to so light once mommyhood hits!
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'll have to ask my mom, I never thought about "how". We coslept as a family until I was about 4. Not sure when my older brother transitioned out. Dh and I will cosleep with any future young kids.
    It did suck for my parents. I would sleep I between and get hot, kick all the blankets off and then lay sideways across them that was when I was older and remember though. As an infant I know my mom had a guard rail so I didnt fall out of bed.

Eta not to be a total grinch but really on these terms. Cosleep is now bedshare? Sometimes semantics gets a bit crazy for me.
  8. Senior Member
    Ahhhh, I think I've always assumed co-sleeping was bed-sharing. We definitely co-sleep.

9. Moderator

My babies sleep in bed with me for several weeks- at first they sleep on their tummies on my chest, then when they start to move more they are on their backs in the crook of my arm. I am a ridiculously light sleeper, even on pain meds- I wake up to every little twitch. It's kind of ridiculous. Anyway, after a few weeks, I move them to a crib in our room for several months.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    But I never did either or. I'm terrified to have kid sleep sleep in the same bed too. I fell asleep nursing her once in the bed and I woke up and had a nervous break down lol. I bawled my eyes out cause I was scared like what if I didn't wake up? Even now I'm still scared she might suffocate or something if I let her sleep in my bed.
    I think at this point she would scream and kick the crap out of you if you rolled onto her. Kalista would freak out and assault me until I moved if it was her!

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I am waaay to paranoid too. Cole sleeps in the room with us but in his Rock n Play which he doesn't love but tolerates.
    That's exactly what we did with Kalista, except she loved her Rock N Play. I hope these babies will, too, because I can't fit two cribs in my room.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast