Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mer. Anxiety.

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Sad Mer. Anxiety.

Advertisements
    I have a confession.

My baby is 4 months and I won't let him sleep alone in his crib. I'm too ancious and scared. I keep him next to me in a bassinet thingy. But I know he needs to sleep in his crib so he can move and stretch.

He sleeps in there fine, he loves his crib, but *I* am terrified.

We have a video monitor but that doesn't ease my anxiety any. I have him in there now and I'm almost in tears writing this cause I'm so uncomfortable but I know he NEEDS to sleep in there. I'm just terrified he will choke or stop breathing.

How did you do it?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

The first few night, I stayed up all night and kept creeping in their rooms to check on them - we didn't have video monitors.

So I don't have any great advice. Once I was able to fall asleep, I still would wake up and go check on them. Either sheer exhaustion or acceptance took over and I was able to sleep longer and check on them less often.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Baby Monitor and making DH go check to make sure she's still breathing a million times. But not kidding. It gets easier and used to it the more often it happens.

Honestly, I was kind of a basket case with both my girls until after they were 1; I was terrified of SIDS and would check on them a million times. I was able to relax a little more every month after age 1.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Even sleeping next to us I still make DH check that he's breathing rough the night. I don't know how I'll do the crib thing, but I hope you will eventually get the peace of mind you need
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I waited until they were 6 months before I even considered letting them sleep alone. I was too paranoid about SIDS, and I would have rather dealt with sleep training later than the anxiety of having them in another room right then. We didn't bed share, but we did co-sleep in the same room. It was until 8 months with Nikaia and almost a year with Kalista. Then they both transitioned to their own space, and not long after, toddler beds. I definitely understand the anxiety and that's why I kept them near me at least until the SIDS risk decreased dramatically.

6. Senior Member
    Cole's sleeping in our room in a bassinet until at least 6 months because SIDs terrifies me. I know I'll be just as anxious a you when it comes time to transition to a crib.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I'm itching to go get him lol

8. Senior Member

She slept in a pack n play in our room until she was 3-4 months then we moved her to her room.
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I put Addi in her crib from day one so she has never slept with me or in my room but i was still terrified. i breastfed for the first 3 months so i was up every couple hours anyway to feed her so i checked on her. my monitor also let me know when she stopped breathing so that helped ease my mind. it got a lot easier after the first couple weeks.

10. Regular Member
    DS slept with us until he was 8 months old. The first night was terrible, but the anxiety decreased over time.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast