Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Baby Monitor recall

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Baby Monitor recall

Advertisements
    600K baby monitors recalled after 2 deaths - NBC News.com

WASHINGTON —Angelcare Monitors Inc. is voluntarily recalling 600,000 baby monitors following the death of two infants due to strangulation.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that a cord attached to the sensor pad, which is placed under the crib mattress to monitor movement, poses a strangulation risk if the child pulls the cord into the crib.

Two infants have died from cord strangulation deaths with this product and two more have reportedly been entangled, but not fatally.

The Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitors with Sensor Pads were sold between 1999 and 2013 for between $100 and $300 at a number of U.S. retailers, including Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Burlington Coat Factory, Meijer, Sears, Walmart, Amazon.com, Target.com, Overstock.com and nearly 70 small baby specialty stores
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

This is such a huge recall. Crazy.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh wow! I know a lot of people who have those. I think Miriah does here? Could totally be wrong, though.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    This recall is ridiculous, IMO. When it's used properly, the cord is supposed to run down under their crib and not in reach in any way.

I feel so sad for those babies and families though.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    This is so stupid. When it's used properly, the cord is supposed to run down under their crib and not in reach in any way.
    Stupid enough to kill two kids the same way, I guess.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I edited my response because I realize how it sounded, which was not my intent. I have the sensor pad.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    2 out of 600,000 does not show that these are automatically dangerous, though, yes, the death of even one child is always too many when it may have been prevented.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Oh wow! I know a lot of people who have those. I think Miriah does here? Could totally be wrong, though.
    yeah i have one. we stopped using a monitor all together when Addi turned one cause now she just goes "MAAAAAAAA" and it wakes me up

but yeah we used it for a year and i loved it. it was impossible for addi to grab the cord unless she grew extra long arms in the middle of the night and can reach under her crib through the rails.

thats sad it caused two deaths though