Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Booking pictures

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

Booking pictures

Advertisements
    When did you schedule your baby's pictures if you got prof pics taken?
    I didn't with DS, but I want to with this baby, and have fallen in love with a photographer. She has a special for January to March going on right now. Baby is due Feb 1st. I want baby and big bro pics, and maybe some family shots. I just can't decide if I want to do NEWBORN (ie by like 2 weeks old), or if I want to wait until he's a month or 2 old. What did you do, and would you change the time frame of when you got them done or are you glad you got them when you did?
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I would get in touch with your photographer and see what her terms are. Some like to book you ASAP so that you're in the schedule and then you just contact her/him once baby is born and you can get something set up. Also I LOVE LOVE newborn pictures Personally, I would get them done as a newbie vs older.
  3. Regular Member
    The people who did our hospital pictures did a follow up at what was supposed to be one month. I have a terrible habit of never answering the phone, so it ended up being two months.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  4. Senior Member
    We did newborn photos and I love them. Our photographer takes newborns before 10 days. Cole was 6 days old in his photos.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    I love newborn pictures! We didn't get DS done until he was almost 3 weeks because of medical issues but they were still adorable and newborny (new word, just made it up haha)
  6. Senior Member
    we did newborn pictures and I'm so glad we did. they came out great. our photographer recommended before 10 days. we did them at nine days old.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Also keep in mind that if you can't get them done by 10 days old, it's NOT the end of the world. You can most def get newborn pics done at 1 month old, they just aren't as bendy so some poses you may not be able to achieve.
  8. Senior Member

She was 11 days when we did her newborn pics, I wanted her umbilical cord to be gone for them.