Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daycare or Nanny

1. Senior Member

Daycare or Nanny

Advertisements
    So here in Turkey you can get a Nanny for your kids (they will also clean and cook for you(occasionally)) or they have the CDC. They do not allow at home daycares so these are basically our 2 options.

For us the CDC will cost $600-$700 and is only open M-F 0630-1800, closed every weekend and holiday. A Nanny can run up to $800 and is available 7 days a week, whatever hrs you need.

She has been at the CDC since we got here because we got 20 free hrs to inprocess and we really like it. They have started teaching the babies colors and sign language. She is also around other kids and has such a good time.

We have a nanny coming Monday for an interview and she will teach her Turnkish. She did stay with a Nanny her first day here that works for a coworker and the Nanny was begging us to bring her back. My coworker had nothing but great things to say about her and highly recommends her to us when she leaves in Jan. The Nannies in the neighboorhoods also meet up at the parks and let the kids play with each other so she wouldnt be alone all the time.

The issue we have is that with the CDC we will never have night care/or weekend care if we want to go somewhere not baby friendly. If we go with the Nanny we will never have time at home alone to catch up on things.

I am leaning more towards a Nanny but DH is leaning more to the CDC.
  2. Senior Member
    I did daycare because if the nanny is sick, you need a backup or to call in sick to work.... But the daycare stays open except for scheduled days off

I like the quality of care of a good nanny but whomever it is needs to be fully reliable
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I would go nanny all the way. Time with kids at the park still, more flexible hours, and the nanny will teach her a new language as well as, I'm sure, working with shapes and colors and such. Seems worth the added cost to me.

ETA: I don't have kids yt, but I have listened to my sisters talk about daycares more than I ever wanted to and hav put a lot of thought into the future and what I willdo with my kids while I'm at work
    Last edited by bajingo; 11-16-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: idk wtf happened but it was crazy

4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Based on the information you provided the nanny seems to fit your lifestyle and schedules the best and have a wider range of opportunities for her and you guys.
  5. Senior Member
    I'm going to go with Nanny.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Definitely the nanny.
  7. Senior Member
    I"m confused about the part if you have a nanny you will never have time alone? Does she live at your house? Can't you give her time off if you want time alone with your kids/family....
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caity Rose View Post
    I"m confused about the part if you have a nanny you will never have time alone? Does she live at your house? Can't you give her time off if you want time alone with your kids/family....
    No she wont live with us. I mean we cant just drop her off at daycare and get things done around the house. The Nanny will watch her when we are at work or if we decide to go on a date at night.

DH likes to crazy clean the house while Aria is at daycare. In Okinawa our daycare was within walking distance of our house so if we needed them to watch her for a bit we could drop her off and get things done. I thinks it's just one of his cons for the Nanny, I don't really see it as an issue.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    No she wont live with us. I mean we cant just drop her off at daycare and get things done around the house. The Nanny will watch her when we are at work or if we decide to go on a date at night.

DH likes to crazy clean the house while Aria is at daycare. In Okinawa our daycare was within walking distance of our house so if we needed them to watch her for a bit we could drop her off and get things done. I thinks it's just one of his cons for the Nanny, I don't really see it as an issue.
    Can't the nanny watch her while you are cleaning? She could go to the park or something. Plus, the nanny will help clean your house too, so there will be less cleaning. I am way pro nanny, that sounds awesome.
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    Can't the nanny watch her while you are cleaning? She could go to the park or something. Plus, the nanny will help clean your house too, so there will be less cleaning. I am way pro nanny, that sounds awesome.
    DH is a clean freak and I am sooooo not, so the Nanny is a huge plus for me. If she cleans like she is supposed too then we won't have an issue with needed extra cleaning time like he thinks.

I am sure I will talk him into the Nanny I just wanted to hear other opinions about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast