Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ramble about our new life.

1. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Ramble about our new life.

Advertisements

I've been lurking a lot (when I can) and posting responses here and there.

Emmaleigh is growing like a weed. Her two month check up is next week.

When on earth did that happen? I dont even know.

We have been struggling a bit for the last week to two weeks with constant spit up. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is reflux. Im hoping that the doctor can give her something to help.
    Between the increasing darkness, and being away from family and everything, the baby blues seem to be sticking around longer than I am really comfortable with. I figured they would be gone by now. Some days I have trouble even getting myself put together, and have very little appetite most of the time. But, I guess thats pretty normal. Itll go away eventually... right?

My sciatic nerve issues have developed a lot more so Ill be having an MRI in hopes of figuring things out.

Recently Ive found myself wondering how on earth people get things done. Its very rare that the dishes get done, apartment gets picked up, and dinner is cooked all in the same day, or at all. How do you awesome people do it?!

She is finally falling into some semblance of a schedule for the most part. But even the slightest disturbance (too long in the car, not long enough of a nap time, waking up fifteen minutes early) sets the whole thing off balance. She has cradle cap.. only its all over her body some days. But the doctor isnt worried.

Just wanted to post a little update since I havent been around much really. I promise I havent fallen off the planet!

Here she is:

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    it took me a good 6 months to find my mom mode when I first had dd. For that first 6 months I felt like I was just keeping my head above water! My big piece of advice is don't be afraid to ask for help! Whatever you feel it is you may need a little help with just ask!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No advice, but she is an absolute doll!

Glad you're in a routine, hopefully things only get better!
  4. Senior Member
    I could have written a lot of what you said. DS isn't sleeping predictably yet though. I feel like I can barely do anything besides feed him, entertain him, sometimes feed myself, and sleep when I can. I am assuming they are normal feelings. I've also wondered about baby blues. I hope things get easier for you!

5. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    She's beautiful!!

The best advice I got in the beginning was to realize I can't do it all anymore. It's ok that you can't get everything done in one day. When Piper was first born I would cry because I didn't get to clean, do laundry, cook, and do all the things I wanted to do with Piper. Assigning certain things to certain days really helped me. Just as an example do laundry on Mondays, clean on Tuesdays, etc. things that have to be done everyday like dishes I saved for the end of the day. Doing this really worked well for me, and took a lot of stress off myself. I hope you start to feel better soon
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

it took me a bit before I got into a routine with things. You'll get it though! You just have to do what feels right to you and once you have that down you'll be golden.

But seriously, didn't you just have her like yesterday I feel like I just saw your labor thread. She's so precious beautiful little girl! I hope things get better

7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    it took me a good 6 months to find my mom mode when I first had dd. For that first 6 months I felt like I was just keeping my head above water! My big piece of advice is don't be afraid to ask for help! Whatever you feel it is you may need a little help with just ask!
    Thats about how I feel. Trying not to drown. Our whole apartment is topsy turvy. Im just now starting to sleep for part of the night in the same bed as my husband, but that bed is our mattress on the pull-out couch in the living room. Blah. I just am ready I think for things to start falling into place. We dont even use the two bedrooms in our apartment for anything but storage at this point

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboysGirl View Post
    No advice, but she is an absolute doll!

Glad you're in a routine, hopefully things only get better!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by His[♥]Love View Post
    I could have written a lot of what you said. DS isn't sleeping predictably yet though. I feel like I can barely do anything besides feed him, entertain him, sometimes feed myself, and sleep when I can. I am assuming they are normal feelings. I've also wondered about baby blues. I hope things get easier for you!
    I hope it gets easier for you too! And if you ever need to talk, Im here!
    I think the hardest part is that I want to hand her off to DH but then I feel guilty, and I feel like Im the only one who can do it right, but then I get aggravated because.. well, I dont even know why. Sometimes I look around the apartment and Im just like.. pretty sure cavewomen actually had clean homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    She's beautiful!!

The best advice I got in the beginning was to realize I can't do it all anymore. It's ok that you can't get everything done in one day. When Piper was first born I would cry because I didn't get to clean, do laundry, cook, and do all the things I wanted to do with Piper. Assigning certain things to certain days really helped me. Just as an example do laundry on Mondays, clean on Tuesdays, etc. things that have to be done everyday like dishes I saved for the end of the day. Doing this really worked well for me, and took a lot of stress off myself. I hope you start to feel better soon
    Thank you. Shes pretty gorgeous, no bias at all.
    Ill have to try setting aside a different task for the days. I just get so overwhelmed sometimes and my emotions are still on this ridiculous roller coaster, so on the days when shes happy to sit in her swing all day, Id rather sit on my butt and eat chocolate and mope than clean. I told DH all of these things: "It gets easier at two weeks", "Im sure by six weeks we will be sleeping in our room again", "Everyone seems like two months is the magic number". So, now my goal is to make it to six months while keeping the apartment livable and at least two meals a week cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    it took me a bit before I got into a routine with things. You'll get it though! You just have to do what feels right to you and once you have that down you'll be golden.

But seriously, didn't you just have her like yesterday I feel like I just saw your labor thread. She's so precious beautiful little girl! I hope things get better
    Thank you! Im hoping it only gets easier. I think my biggest thing is once she is sitting up she will be happy as can be. She always wants me to hold her up in a sitting position. She hates laying down. Ive tried wearing her in a carrier, but to be honest, she gets in the way of me doing things

I really do feel like she was just born yesterday. But my labor also felt like it was a year long so maybe its just the memory sticking around. Shes getting so big so fast. Its a little too fast for my tastes.

8. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Just remember if you don't get something done it is ok. . The first few months are definitely the hardest, but you guys will eventually find a daily routine that works for you. . Do you think it's still the baby blues or maybe you're having some PPD?
  9. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    Just remember if you don't get something done it is ok. . The first few months are definitely the hardest, but you guys will eventually find a daily routine that works for you. . Do you think it's still the baby blues or maybe you're having some PPD?
    I dont even know. I mean I guess it could be but I just try not to think about it. DH thinks it is, and wants me to talk to someone. But I dont think Im to that point yet. I feel like its still just all an adjustment, and the fact that there is a lot less sunlight now.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    I dont even know. I mean I guess it could be but I just try not to think about it. DH thinks it is, and wants me to talk to someone. But I dont think Im to that point yet. I feel like its still just all an adjustment, and the fact that there is a lot less sunlight now.
    The lack of sun can definitely mess with you!! I know a lot of people around here take vitamin D supplements and some people even need prescription strength versions of it.