Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about swaddling baby

1. Senior Member

Question about swaddling baby

Advertisements
    So, when DD was born, we didn't swaddle for about 2-3 weeks (because I didn't really know any better). Once we did, she seemed to sleep more soundly at night, and we continued to swaddle until about 5 months old.

Anyway, DD was born in the summer in Charleston, so it was REALLY hot out - and she would sleep in a onesie or cotton zip up sleep and play. This baby is due next month and it's nice and cold here, so I've been buying a lot of warmer baby clothes...I just noticed that a lot of my PJ's are fleece or terry. Can I swaddle new baby if she's already wearing fleece? I was going to use some of those Aden and Anais muslin blankets, if that makes a difference. Our house is set to 68 during the winter...although our bedroom feels hotter than that, IMO.
    Last edited by Glamorous; 11-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

LM was born in December over here and I always just put her in fleece pjs. Else she would be too warm with anything else or too cold without. Also she hated being swaddled so we never did that.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I won't let DH swaddle Levi when he's in a sleeper, only when he's in a onesie. But we tuck a blanket around him, so maybe swaddling would be fine?
  4. Senior Member
    Hmm, sounds like it might be a one or the other type thing. I definitely don't want to overheat her
  5. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I think you are just going to have to wait and see. Dylan was born in February and wouldn't fall asleep unless he was in a swaddle and a bunting. (And he was, obviously, in jammies, too) He likes to be snuggled up as much as possible.

This was taken after my MIL finally got him to sleep, by totally wrapping him up.

6. Senior Member
    i obviously have nothing useful to contribute but how are you due next month already??!?!?
  7. Senior Member
    Um, I have no clue!!! I am freaking out...completely in denial about having to give birth again.

Nope. It's not happening.
    :)
    Blog Entries
    Ziva will be in fleece pjs sometimes...then swaddled and wrapped in my throw blanket. She is a weirdo though and I don't think your baby will be a weirdo She never gets over heated. Let me see if I can get a picture of her to show you.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
    :)
    Blog Entries

This is Ziva right now and our room heater is set to go off when it hits 75 in our room. This is how she sleeps most nights...with or without fleece pjs.

(Don't worry she can't get the blanket over her face)

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  10. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Emmaleigh is only ever swaddled in her SwaddleMe and a onesie (short sleeves until it hit 10 degrees or lower outside, now its long-sleeved ones. And sometimes she even sweats in that. And its about 68-70 degrees in our apartment. She also sleeps very close to a large bay window so its probably about 67-68 where she sleeps.

PERSONALLY I wont put her in the swaddle in anything more than a onesie. I feel uncomfortable wearing fluffy pj pants with a long sleeve shirt under a comforter, you know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast