Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Newborn toys

1. Senior Member

Newborn toys

Advertisements
    What were your favorite educational toys/CDs/etc purchased for your little one during their first year?

I'm pretty stumped as to what is really worth it when it comes to educational items for Cole. There are just SO many toys on the market it's overwhelming for me. What did your baby like and, more importantly, not like?

So far we have a ton of books, a floor play mat with all of the Baby Einstein dangling things over it, rattles, sensory blankets, etc.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

These are all great

Toys for 0-12 Months | Activities For Children | Products We Love | Play At Home Mom

I also recommend sensory activities (edible ones!) like rainbow yogurt in a cupcake tin (different color in each cupcake hole). So if you could get sensory supplies (ball pit balls, food coloring, texture squares [a square of carpet, a square of foam board, a square of sandpaper, a square of tin foil, etc.], etc.), then that's what I would recommend The mirrors are also a GREAT idea! Also, glow sticks are good for any age once they can grab.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Senior Member
    Thank you for the website! I especially love the finger puppet book, I forgot all about those.

I will have to wait a little while for the edible suggestions as Cole is only 3 weeks old , I just get overly excited about buying him fun things so I'm a little ahead of the curve haha. I know his grandparents will be asking what he wants for Christmas soon so I'm glad to have some ideas in mind.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Now that your growing little one is starting to roll around, a large, soft play mat is a great investment. Set it up with a variety of eye-catching toys around your baby so they can practice moving and stretch to reach them.
    It’s also a good time to share some stories with your Toys kids. Snuggling up with your little bookworm on the sofa or bed with a book is a lovely habit to get into, and one that you’ll be able to do together for years to come. There are some wonderful soft fabric books available, complete with lots of fascinating textures and colours.
  5. Senior Member
    This is 4 years old
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My daughter's favorites were Sophie giraffe, and the crinkle books or any other toy that crinkles. She's 13 months now and still chews on Sophie.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    This is 4 years old
    I didn't see your comment until I posted. Oops! Just saw this thread in the "new posts" and didn't check the date. Sorry to keep bumping it