Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Circumcision Question (Please no judgement)

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Circumcision Question (Please no judgement)

Advertisements
    I realllyyyy don't want anyone to tell me how horrible I am, or how awful it is to have done. I really feel like shit after getting it done to him today and I want to cry, I don't need anything making me feel worse please.

Those that have had it done, the non-plastibell way, how was the care and recovery? His doctor, who I'm incredibly unimpressed with, didn't give us any care instructions or anything. I thought the desk would give us papers when we left so I didn't ask while he was walking out and I was calming him.

How much blood is normal? His diaper looked bad TO ME, but I realize his pee probably makes it look worse. I know I can call the on call doc, which tonight is that guy, if I have any questions, but I figured I would ask first hand experiences.

How did you care for it? We're doing neosporin and gauze over it, but I'm not sure if it's enough. I also just dripped warm water over it to try to clean it some but don't feel like it did much.

I seriously hate this, and I hate myself for getting it done. Once it's healed I know I'll feel better but for now this just really sucks.
  2. Senior Member
    No advice on the care side of things but momma lots and lots of You chose what you felt to be the best decision at the time even if it feels wrong now. Just focus on taking care of your sweet little man and don't beat yourself up
  3. Moderator

how is bebe doing? A little bit of blood is ok but it should taper off quickly. Clean gently, preferably with a soft, warm cloth, not with wipes. Redness is normal. Bandaging loosely is fine, but not required. Whatever makes you both most comfortable. Don't worry mama, you're doing fine!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Dont know about any of that but can tell you as a guy there is nothing to feel guilty about.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I can't believe they didn't give you any care instructions, or at least go over it with you.

Anyway, basically try not to wipe, but rather pat the area clean. Also, use a mixture of bacitracin (I believe neosporin is on the same level) and vaseline and make sure there's a nice thick coat of it so that his penis doesn't stick to the diaper. You also need to make sure you're gently pulling the leftover foreskin down (if there is some atm), so that it doesn't adhere back to the penis. If you don't do that at just about every diaper change, and then it moves, it can cause slight bleeding (so that may be where the bleeding is coming from).

If you're concerned though hun, call a doctor

6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I cried when Dylan had his done, too. He had a small amount of bleeding and redness, but nothing that looked alarming. It helps that my DH knows what to look for. I made him change Dylan for a while to he could make sure everything was ok.

And I'm sorry he didn't give you any kind of aftercare instructions, that seems so odd to me. Don't feel bad about calling, even if they tell you he's ok, it might help ease your mind.

7. Senior Member
    I just used lots of ointment and made sure I changed him frequently. I went through those feelings too but now that all is said and over, and he is nine now... I don't regret the decision. Going thru it and second guessing yourself did suck though.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it. I know in a few days once it doesn't look so bad and my emotions wear down it won't seem as awful. I guess I just didn't do my research that well because I expected the plastibell, not this way. He's doing really good though, he's had a few good naps and is eating and going potty regularly. We've been snuggling him all day, too.

Did anyone give their little guys infant Tylenol? We're going to call but I just figured I'd ask and see here too.
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

they gave us samples of vaseline for my boys, just keep putting it on, all around the head for about 2 weeks (just to make sure it is healed), use gauze or paper towel and water instead of wipes for diaper changes. if it looks greenish or smells, take him to the dr

10. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Neither of my boys had it done so I don't know about care but are you breast feeding? If so just keep breast feeding A LOT!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast