Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Messy breastfeeding!

  1. Occasional lurker
    Serpentine's Avatar
    Serpentine is offline
    Occasional lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,968
    #1

    Messy breastfeeding!

    Advertisements
    WTF? Am I the only one that gets milk EVERYWHERE? It drips down my shirt, shoots out of my boob, gets all over his face...it's a MESS! I took my shirt off at my moms since I wasn't wearing any nursing clothes and both boobies started dripping milk, like dripping down like a faucet, and it had only been 1.5 hours since the last feed! My boobs get engorged within 2 hours but he's now going anywhere between 2-4 hours between feeds so sometimes milk starts shooting out once the nursing pads/bra is off.

    OMG, HELLLP!! It's so embarrassing, I haven't even attempted nursing anywhere other than home because milk gets everywhere

  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #2


    Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but I just remember it all too well

    If I removed my bra/nursing pads for even a moment, it was like a very leaky faucet. If I forgot to put my nursing pad in, or if it accidently shifted during the day (which both happened), I had a lovely streak on my shirt from my nipple to my hip

    Honestly, for me, it didn't really level out until somewhere between 4-6 months, but even then, if I went even 20 minutes past a normal feeding, it was back to square one.

    Oh, and showers. Every time I took a shower, they literally squirted like a water gun. I used to threaten DH that if he didn't behave I'd shoot him


  3. Senior Member
    happy_mama's Avatar
    happy_mama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    847
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post


    Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but I just remember it all too well

    If I removed my bra/nursing pads for even a moment, it was like a very leaky faucet. If I forgot to put my nursing pad in, or if it accidently shifted during the day (which both happened), I had a lovely streak on my shirt from my nipple to my hip

    Honestly, for me, it didn't really level out until somewhere between 4-6 months, but even then, if I went even 20 minutes past a normal feeding, it was back to square one.

    Oh, and showers. Every time I took a shower, they literally squirted like a water gun. I used to threaten DH that if he didn't behave I'd shoot him
    to all of this . It's all totally normal. And I had to wear breast pads until David was like...17 months old. That's not the norm though so don't freak out
  4. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #4
    Sorry to laugh but yes I remember it all too well. I had a horribly forceful letdown and I was constantly leaking everywhere. Poor DH woke up in a puddle of breast milk on more than one occasion because I had leaked so badly and through everything. It is totally normally and should level out in 4/5 months.
  5. Senior Member
    happy_mama's Avatar
    happy_mama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    847
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    Sorry to laugh but yes I remember it all too well. I had a horribly forceful letdown and I was constantly leaking everywhere. Poor DH woke up in a puddle of breast milk on more than one occasion because I had leaked so badly and through everything. It is totally normally and should level out in 4/5 months.
    Oh I almost forgot about having to sleep on layers of receiving blankets every night. When I woke up soaked I would just peel the wet layer back and go on to the next one . Ahh...things I am NOT looking forward to
    Last edited by happy_mama; 11-07-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
  6. Occasional lurker
    Serpentine's Avatar
    Serpentine is offline
    Occasional lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,968
    #6
    Omg, seriously!?

    On the bright side, my supply seems good

    Any tips? Clothing you wore or anything? I feel like there is some magic tip I never got

  7. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_mama View Post
    Oh I almost forgot about having to sleep on layers of receiving blankets every night. When I woke up soaked I would just peel the wet layer back and go on to the next one . Ahh...things I am NOT looking forward to
    We put the oversized pee pads under our sheets so it didn't hit the matteress
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Omg, seriously!?

    On the bright side, my supply seems good

    Any tips? Clothing you wore or anything? I feel like there is some magic tip I never got
    Really just breast pads and always packing extra clothes for yourself. My letdown was so hard and my supply so large I actually pumped before I fed, then fed, and that normally helped me not leak as much.
  8. Senior Member
    happy_mama's Avatar
    happy_mama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    847
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Omg, seriously!?

    On the bright side, my supply seems good

    Any tips? Clothing you wore or anything? I feel like there is some magic tip I never got
    Yup, you at least have that going for you


    I just always wore a nursing bra, one of those shelf tanks, plus a shirt. Plus a nursing pad. That's a lot of layers to get through so hopefully nothing would go wrong Plus it's super discreet if you need to NIP
  9. Senior Member
    happy_mama's Avatar
    happy_mama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    847
    #9
    OH! And you can hold your arms over your boobs when you let down and it can (maybe) stop the leaking. Nobody told me that til he was over a year old
  10. Occasional lurker
    Serpentine's Avatar
    Serpentine is offline
    Occasional lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,968
    #10
    Where did you get your nursing tops from?

    I'm getting some new boots tonight and I may just get some more nursing tops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •