Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Grrr Babies R Us

1. Senior Member

Grrr Babies R Us

Advertisements
    That store is so expensive!

My baby shower was held in SC and we live in NM so my awesome family and friends gave us giftcards, mostly to Babies R Us. Last night I thought I'd go to their website and order a cute Santa outfit for Cole and throw in some diapers and other necessities to get free shipping.

Their diapers are SO much more than anywhere else! You pay more money for less diapers than I would get at Target. I know it's not 'my' money technically since it's gift cards, but I'm such a bargain hunter it hurts my insides a little

Are there tricks to shopping at Babies R Us? Coupon codes or good sales I don't know about?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I have found in the store is cheaper than online... and they accept coupons, so if you find any coupons for items you can use them at the store.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    They price match.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

They price match and they send out coupons. I get 20% off coupons a couple times a month from them. I find online is a pretty good place to shop from them too but that is because the closest one is in Washington and their tax is a lot higher than for me to just order online. I prefer to get my larger things from them vs things like diapers though because I find those to be much cheaper at Costco.
  5. Senior Member
    They've got a deal right now if you buy a large box of huggies or pampers you can get a large value box of wipes half off. It's still a little more expensive than normal bulk prices but it's better than normal! But they are way more expensive than other places. Even their online prices sometimes vary drastically compared to their in store prices. I try to only shop there for bigger items and use coupons or shop clearance. Like I just got a costume for Madison for next Halloween for $8 from them this weekend.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    I have found in the store is cheaper than online... and they accept coupons, so if you find any coupons for items you can use them at the store.
    I wish we had a close store. Lubbock is the closet one and that's 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    They price match.
    I might have to make a big list of things I want price matched for the next time we head to Lubbock.

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    They price match and they send out coupons. I get 20% off coupons a couple times a month from them. I find online is a pretty good place to shop from them too but that is because the closest one is in Washington and their tax is a lot higher than for me to just order online. I prefer to get my larger things from them vs things like diapers though because I find those to be much cheaper at Costco.
    I'll have to sign up for their coupon mailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysgal View Post
    They've got a deal right now if you buy a large box of huggies or pampers you can get a large value box of wipes half off. It's still a little more expensive than normal bulk prices but it's better than normal! But they are way more expensive than other places. Even their online prices sometimes vary drastically compared to their in store prices. I try to only shop there for bigger items and use coupons or shop clearance. Like I just got a costume for Madison for next Halloween for $8 from them this weekend.
    Oooo, good idea! I will go look for costumes now.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I might have to make a big list of things I want price matched for the next time we head to Lubbock.
    Just make sure to call ahead & make sure they have the things you want. I've noticed that sometimes even when online it says they have something in stock at their store, it's not necessarily true.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Just make sure to call ahead & make sure they have the things you want. I've noticed that sometimes even when online it says they have something in stock at their store, it's not necessarily true.
    Yes that is ALWAYS the case here. They NEVER have the online items no matter what it says. So annoying.