Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye gunk

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Eye gunk

Advertisements
    So baby had a bad cold last week and today he had a lot of gunk in his eye. Like he can't open it. So we are in south fl visiting family and can't see his reg ped. So can this wait till Monday? Has anyone else dealt with this? Do I need to keep him out of daycare monday?

It's not pink just green/yellow gunk.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Pink eye?

"It's not pink" LOL nvm.

Editing again because it could be the start of pink eye before it actually gets red. That's how mine starts!
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Poor guy

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If it is pink eye (which to me it sounds like it, that's exactly how mine starts) I think you'd be okay waiting till Monday unless it starts getting really bad. Idk how it affects babies though. Just make sure you wash your hands like 90482 times a day and try to keep him from rubbing it!
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I'm (obvi) not a human doctor, and I know next to nothing about babies (as you know), but in medicine, animal and human, generally green/yellow discharge is due to bacterial inflammation. I would be worried about a bacterial eye infection (like conjunctivitis). But again, I dont know humans technically, although the principals are generally the same as we are just bald animals.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Can you stick a warm wet cloth on there to help soften it so you can get it off? I wouldn't take the girls in for it, especially if the cold already passed. It's just his body getting the extra gunk out. If he keeps producing it then I would ask about a possible tear duct issue, but if it doesn't look infected and he is acting fine I'm sure it can wait.

7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I'm (obvi) not a human doctor, and I know next to nothing about babies (as you know), but in medicine, animal and human, generally green/yellow discharge is due to bacterial inflammation. I would be worried about a bacterial eye infection (like conjunctivitis). But again, I dont know humans technically, although the principals are generally the same as we are just bald animals.
    If he does have that I mean is waiting till Monday gonna make him lose his eye?

I am so lost when it comes to this.

8. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderbelly View Post
    Can you stick a warm wet cloth on there to help soften it so you can get it off? I wouldn't take the girls in for it, especially if the cold already passed. It's just his body getting the extra gunk out. If he keeps producing it then I would ask about a possible tear duct issue, but if it doesn't look infected and he is acting fine I'm sure it can wait.
    Yes I'm keeping a warm washcloth on it till I go to bed.

I'm wondering if daycare will flip out if I bring him or if I should keep him home. How long did it take to clear up?

9. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I would washcloth the shit out of it. If it is getting worse by afternoon tomorrow after washclothing it tomorrow, doctor! If it is remaining the same or getting better, wait till Monday/consider not going. I dunno, thats what i'd do. Or is he seems like he is in pain, doctor.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Yes I'm keeping a warm washcloth on it till I go to bed.

I'm wondering if daycare will flip out if I bring him or if I should keep him home. How long did it take to clear up?
    If it builds up again I would keep him home because daycares don't like seeing signs of sickness, even if it's after the fact. I'm sure you could wait until Monday, but if you are worried you should take him in. Do you have an urgent care? They could tell you pretty easily if anything looks infected and give you something for him if he needs it. Is it just one eye? Most common reason for that is a blocked tear duct which can happen after being sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast