Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Somewhat time sensitive reflux question..

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Somewhat time sensitive reflux question..

Advertisements
    We finally got home from the hospital stay last night, and things were going alright. Today he's had two massive spit ups though, and the second one was pretty blood tinged and only after an ounce rather than his usual after the full two ounces. This is the first time we've had blood in it and I'm kind of worried. I called the on call doc and he said as long as it's not bright red or happening more than once we should be okay. I was curious about other opinions though.

FWIW, we did notice some blood in his mouth prior to the feed and him spitting up but didn't think much of it for whatever reason :/

I took a picture of it, but will post only the link so no one HAS to see it, but would love any advice or say on it... I hate this whole thing so much My poor baby.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc0f9dd93.jpg
    Last edited by Franky.; 11-02-2013 at 08:54 PM.
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

IDK about babies, but for people in general, if there is a bleed in the mouth/throat it's not serious compared to an internal bleed and part of how they distinguish is color of blood, amount...etc......
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I don't know... Do you have an urgent care you can go to? I would probably take the girls in if it was them. After all you guys have been through, I would want to follow up with anything like that immediately KWIM?

4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

How is he doing today Caitlin? Any more blood?
  5. Senior Member
    I haven't followed your thread from before and I will go back and look, BUT have they talked to you about milk protein intolerance? We finally got a diagnosis last week, and last night I ate sour cream and he pooped blood and projectile vomited twice. When I removed dairy from my diet he stopped projectile vomiting and spitting up, and his poops were getting back to normal, and hours after eating dairy he poops blood. I was sure he had reflux and they misdiagnosed him again, but when I don't eat dairy or soy he doesn't have problems with keeping his food down. Vomiting blood I would take to the ER though, even if it is irritation from refluxing so much.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Again, I suck at replying to my own threads!

It ended up being only that one time, I watched him like a hawk afterwards and at every feeding. At his appointment Monday the doctor was really irritating in my eyes and didn't seems concerned at all. He told us there was nothing he could do as a follow up from the hospital and that was that. Levi was at 6lbs 11oz, however, and as of an appointment today he was at 7lbs! I don't want to say we're out of the woods quite yet, because the reflux is still pretty bad but we're learning how to manage it for us, but we are pretty dang close! Only 1 more ounce until he's back to his birth weight, it just took him 2 weeks more than it should have
  7. Senior Member
    Don't be afraid to switch pediatricians. What I like about ours is he's never dismissive about my concerns as her mom and always wants to see her if I feel like something is wrong even if chances are she's fine. Is he part of a group and you can request a different doc next time? DD has reflux that thankfully Zantac has helped but I think I'd probably freak and cry if she spit up blood even a little, I'm a neurotic FTM like that :p