Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite brand of breast pad?

1. Senior Member

Favorite brand of breast pad?

Advertisements
    Which ones worked for you, either disposable or washable?

Right now I have two sets of washable (medela I think) but they pretty much suck IMO. I always leak through or around them. I also have a box of B r Us brand disposables and Tommee Tippee Disposables to try.

TIA!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I really liked the Nuk brand of washables with Wyatt. This go around I have that brand, some Medela brands that have worked for my leakage so far, and a few from a mama-friend who sews. I, personally, hated the disposables and they just were yucky for me. Made my nipples chafe and never really dry out.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ugh. I HATED washables. I got "Bamboobies", the really nice expensive ones and even though I changed them every hour or so, they just kept my nipples damp and in pain. I switched to Lansinoh disposables and it was like night and day. My nipples were FINALLY able to heal and nursing became way less painful.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    I really didn't like the washable ones--they just were not absorbent enough. I ended up using Medela disposables, and they worked really well--I only leaked through once and that was because DD decided to sleep for 6 hours one night. I had a lot of oversupply, but they did a good job of containing it. I also l liked that they come in a little wrapper so I could always stash some in my diaper bag.

When I was pregnant, I used Nuk disposables (I leaked colostrum from 20 weeks on), and those worked for that, but for anything heavier, they couldn't really contain it.
  5. Senior Member
    I liked medela and lansinoh disposables. I'm determined to find a good washable brand this time around because I leaked foooooreeeeever with David so it's pretty much a necessity
  6. Senior Member
    I used the BRU brand at first because that what I got at my shower but switched to Lansinoh disposables when I ran out and I love them!
  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I use the Lanisoh brand disposables and I find they are the cheapest disposable. Ive never had any issues with them. I never leak out of them, I never have had cracked or unreasonably painful nipples and my nipples always seem dry even when the pad is pretty near full.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Ugh. I HATED washables. I got "Bamboobies", the really nice expensive ones and even though I changed them every hour or so, they just kept my nipples damp and in pain. I switched to Lansinoh disposables and it was like night and day. My nipples were FINALLY able to heal and nursing became way less painful.
    my

Yep. This is pretty much my same story. I bought Bamboobies and leaked...the "overnight" ones were hemp or something and left weird fuzzies on my nipples The lansinoh never leaked and I was able to wear them in my nursing bras discreetly.

I tried Medela and I thought they sucked compared to Lansinoh.
  9. Senior Member
    I use lanisoh disposables and I like them a lot. I used washables whith DD and even though I didn't BF long that time around I hated washables. I always leaked through.
  10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    lansinoh disposables are what i used. loved them! and well as lansinoh lanolin cream!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast