Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiya's Birth Story!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Kiya's Birth Story!

Advertisements
    Well....here we go!

I was supposed to get induced on Friday but it got pushed to Saturday morning. We went in at 11:30. We were all set up in our room and ready to roll about 12:30. We got the pill placed by my cervix for a few hours. I started feeling light contraction but nothing too serious. I was dialating pretty quickly, went from a 2 to a 4 in a couple hours. They wanted to put me on Pitocin to help speed it along.

At 5:20pm they started my pitocin and break my water. About 20 min later they took me off the pitocin since my body was contracting on its own with my water broken. Didn't take long for the contractions to really start hurting. I was laboring for about 2 hours before I was dying for the epirual. I was rocking and moaning and almost tore my gown off because I was so hot. I kept having people put a cold towel on me. The anethesiologist came in really quickly and got me all hooked up. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt so good and was able to relax and prepare for birth. I contracted really well and baby reacted great with great accelerations when I contracted. At about 9pm they had me start trying a few pushes. I couldn't feel much still which was great. ( I thought it was going to be great and pain free). About 10:30 I was really starting to feel like I actually needed to push and not being told to. When the epidural was taken off I was losing my mind. They tried me on the birthing stool and I hated it. I couldn't push like I felt like I should have been, so they got me up on my hands and knees. I was starting to go in and out. I felt like I wasn't really in the room. I could tell people were talking but I felt like passing out. I almost threw up off the back of the bed. I hated everyone at that point.

It was a surreal almost out of body feeling. My head wasn't in the room. I wanted back on my back and I was a good pusher on my back so they had me stay that way. My doctor got there about midnight and I was never more miserable. I was screaming what I thought only women in movies said. "I just want to be done!, Please just take her out! I can't do this I can't do this! Make it stop!"

Finally I could hear my DH and mom saying she is almost here keep pushing harder and harder! I didn't believe anyone when they said that I was doing good and she was almost here. I thought they were just saying that to keep me going but I was closer than I thought. They started saying she was crowning....then I could feel that she was. I thought my vagina was on FIRE! The doctor told me to slow down and "take a few deep breaths and give her two small pushes." Again, how do you tell a woman to push little when she is almost done and in so much pain and pushing is what is going to make it stop? So needless to say I didn't give small pushes. I don't think I would have known how. I tore a little. Ended up with stitches on both sides but only first degree....but oooh do they still hurt!

Princess was born at 12:40am October 27th. 8lbs 6oz 21 inches long. The love of my life. When she was out I didn't cry like I thought I was going to. I just keep staring at her and I guess I kept saying "Hi, baby, hi sweetheart" I don't remember anything. I was so out of it and I felt like it wasn't real life. But wow do I love this little girl.......

Okay, Pic overload!

First born on my chest
    [IMG][/IMG]

With Daddy only a few minutes old
    [IMG][/IMG]

The true tesitmony of birth. How out of it I was, and how much love we had.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

3 days old off to our first doctors appointment
    [IMG][/IMG]
  2. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!!!!!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

3. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

OMGoodness! Congrats, she is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Senior Member
    Sweet pictures, congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  6. Senior Member
    she's so cute!
  7. Senior Member

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

9. Senior Member
  10. Senior Member
    Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast