Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spit up

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Spit up

Advertisements
    Is almost 7 months too old to be spitting up every time she eats? I've tried switching formula. I don't know what else to do because some times it's rather big.
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Is it possible she has reflux? Landon used to spit up a lot, and for awhile I thought it was just part of the newborn stage, but I think when he continued to spit up after 5 or 6 months old I took him to the doctor and it turned out he had reflux.

I know you mentioned she's regressed with sleeping lately, do you usually put her down flat? Does she seem to sleep any better when she's lying on an angle (like if you're holding/rocking her?).

3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I would definitely check into reflux, too. She could have silent reflux which doesn't appear to be painful like reflux normally does but still causes the spit up and sleep issues.

4. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Is it possible she has reflux? Landon used to spit up a lot, and for awhile I thought it was just part of the newborn stage, but I think when he continued to spit up after 5 or 6 months old I took him to the doctor and it turned out he had reflux.

I know you mentioned she's regressed with sleeping lately, do you usually put her down flat? Does she seem to sleep any better when she's lying on an angle (like if you're holding/rocking her?).
    She never spits up at night and I put her flat. She actually hates sleeping at an angle unless it's on her little cloud pillow . She's always spit up a pretty decent amount I guess and we've never had any sleep issues so I'm not sure if the two are related.
  5. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderbelly View Post
    I would definitely check into reflux, too. She could have silent reflux which doesn't appear to be painful like reflux normally does but still causes the spit up and sleep issues.
    I asked the doctor once before and she told me as long as she's gaining weight and doesn't seem to be in pain or anything that she's prob fine. I think I'm going to make another appointment though and request a different doctor. I just feel like something isn't right.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Go with your gut, you know better than anyone!

7. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I feel so dumb going into the doctor and saying, "I don't know what it is, but I KNOW something is not right." I just imagine the doctor rolling her eyes and thinking "bitch, you're crazy!" I know she's probably heard way crazier things though.
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Jackson spit up until he was a year, maybe just a month or 2 older.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tristen was a spitter uppper lol. He didn't spit up EVERYTHING he ate so I wasn't really concerned and it wasn't a TON of puke but he would spit up a little everytime typically
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

maybe try..

we switched the water we used to make our sons formula to the kind you buy at the store in the jug that is specially made for babies. (It's everywhere) That helped us a lot with the spit up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast