Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to pack for daycare?

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Help What to pack for daycare?

Advertisements
    Okay so. I'm going back to work Monday but DS will not be going to daycare immediately. That said, I'm a planner and a worrier and I want to start my list of what he'll need for daycare.

How should I label his clothes?

He's formula fed so do I just send a bottle and a can of formula or do I need to make the bottles myself and bring them?

Do I just put enough diapers in his bag for a day or do you send a box of diapers and wipes?

Can I send him in pjs? I know this place doesn't do blankets in the cribs so I'm worried he may get cold. That being said I don't wanna look tacky if I send him in pjs.

2. Banned
    Banned
    How should I label his clothes? write his initials on the tags or near the back of the collar on the inside

He's formula fed so do I just send a bottle and a can of formula or do I need to make the bottles myself and bring them? this depends on the day care, most require the parents to premake all the bottles and to label with their name

Do I just put enough diapers in his bag for a day or do you send a box of diapers and wipes? I always asked that the parents bring enough diapers for a week and a full container of wipes.

Can I send him in pjs? I know this place doesn't do blankets in the cribs so I'm worried he may get cold. since he is an infant I would send him in sleepers when he gets to be about 6 months old then change him into clothes in the morning before day care.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    most day cares cannot wash bottles either, so expect to get all your dirty bottles at the end of the day
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

When I worked at the daycare we stocked up on the child's supplies and kept everything labeled. It never hurts to contact the center and ask for a list of what they expect.

I would send a whole package of diapers and wipes. Most centers should have a section labeled off for each child where they keep their diapers and wipes. Same with bottles and formula. Send a can and make sure his name is written on there. I had these cute tags made for Paityn's bottles because the sharpie kept washing off. The center I worked at we did clean and sanitize the bottles but only with permission from the parents.

You'll most likely need to send a crib sheet and blanket as well for nap time!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Her teachers had me bring pictures and stuff to decorate her crib but that varies from center to center!

ETA: Also, you'll want to make sure they have a set idea of his feeding schedule so they don't deviate to far from how you do things at home! I wrote that down for her teachers and they put it with her file!

5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    most day cares cannot wash bottles either, so expect to get all your dirty bottles at the end of the day
    Thank you! I didn't know that. I'll need to buy more bottles then, right now I only use 6 and I wash them a few times a day.

He's kind of a weird eater. Sometimes he'll suck down 4 oz and want more, sometimes he'll only eat an ounce or two. How should I prepare for that? Should I just make several 4 oz bottles or should I do some with 4 oz and some with 2 oz?

I hate to waste formula because it's so expensive. Will they put half eaten bottles back in the fridge and offer it to him later? I know some people are against that, but of I don't do that Id waste about 10 oz a day.

6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    When I worked at the daycare we stocked up on the child's supplies and kept everything labeled. It never hurts to contact the center and ask for a list of what they expect.

I would send a whole package of diapers and wipes. Most centers should have a section labeled off for each child where they keep their diapers and wipes. Same with bottles and formula. Send a can and make sure his name is written on there. I had these cute tags made for Paityn's bottles because the sharpie kept washing off. The center I worked at we did clean and sanitize the bottles but only with permission from the parents.

You'll most likely need to send a crib sheet and blanket as well for nap time!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Her teachers had me bring pictures and stuff to decorate her crib but that varies from center to center!

ETA: Also, you'll want to make sure they have a set idea of his feeding schedule so they don't deviate to far from how you do things at home! I wrote that down for her teachers and they put it with her file!
    I called them earlier to ask but they haven't called me back yet

I'll definitely ask if they are willing to make the bottles there/sanitize them.

Didn't think about the crib sheet! I'll ask about that too! Thanks!

7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Gosh its been so long...

The daycare usually has their own policies on these things.

Label the tag or somewhere inside.

Bottles.. can't entirely remember but I want to say I would supply the formula and the water, don't recall if I filled the bottles or not.

PJs... don't see why not...

As far as whether they will put a bottle back in the fridge after he's drunk from it.. most likely not. This is a healthy/safety concern. Once the child has drank from the bottle they most often rinse them out. Be prepared for formula waste.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Senior Member
    A lot of that stuff will vary daycare to daycare. As to the bottles, B's daycare will only save bottles for an hour after he starts drinking it. I wouldn't worry about him being too cold, but I don't think it's a big deal to take him in pjs.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    A lot of that stuff will vary daycare to daycare. As to the bottles, B's daycare will only save bottles for an hour after he starts drinking it. I wouldn't worry about him being too cold, but I don't think it's a big deal to take him in pjs.
    I thought it was an hour... I wanted to say an hour but I wasn't sure...

Also, Whitla... a lot of daycares change diapers every hour, regardless if they are even wet/soiled.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Senior Member

Aria has her own drawer that I keep her things in. They sent me a list of items to bring for her first day and they will send notes home if she is low on things.

2 bottles stay at daycare and they clean them. I have only brought one home and switched it out because the inner tube was messing up.

1 tub of formula and they wrote the directions on the lid. I don't bring water because they use filtered water and she has never had any issue with theirs.

5-6 extra onesies, no bottoms since its hot and if she gets her clothes dirty they put on a new onesie with her shorts or pants she wore there are just no bottoms

Wipes and diapers I usually just take a pack

baby food and a spoon

pacifier and clip

5-6 bibs

snacks (puffs, yogurt melts)

blanket, she was big on swaddeling so so would swaddler her and now she likes to sit on it when shes playing.

Oh and face towels(I use soft burp towels) They use them every day to wipe her face off after she eats or if she slobbers a lot.

I also bring a pack of the little diaper trash bags and they put her dirty clothes and face towels in them so I can bring them home Amazon.com: Sassy Baby Disposable 200 Counts Diaper Sacks: Baby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast