Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing new clothes without washing

1. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker

Wearing new clothes without washing

Advertisements
    I wash my new clothes prior to wear simply because I imagine others have tried them on. Baby clothes don't get tried on so I was thinking I wouldn't wash the outfits that came from stores on hangers Clothes that came in plastic or packs with tape I washed because I can imagine the tape or chemicals from the packaging irritating baby skin. DH says I should wash everything but I dont really feel like clothes on hangers are dirty

Did you wash everything before it went on your new born? Do you pre wash for older infant & toddler clothes too?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never wash anything new before I wear it or have my babies/kids wear it
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I do wash everything before they wear it, but I didn't wash everything before my kids were born. I washed a few items before they were born and then left the rest for when I decided to actually put it on them. I ended up with a bunch of stuff that was never worn still on the hangers that I could return or give away. Since I had two in a row I even had new clothes for Kalista that I got while I was pregnant with Nikaia.

4. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
    I do wash everything before they wear it, but I didn't wash everything before my kids were born. I washed a few items before they were born and then left the rest for when I decided to actually put it on them. I ended up with a bunch of stuff that was never worn still on the hangers that I could return or give away. Since I had two in a row I even had new clothes for Kalista that I got while I was pregnant with Nikaia.
    Yeah, My plan is just to have a few things ready. I washed two packs of 0-3 onesies, one pack of one piece sleepers, 3 one size gowns, 2 swaddle blankets and the crib sheet.

5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    My aunt worked in retail and was responsible for unpacking shipments of clothing. Based on her comments, I always wash everything before I wear it and certainly would wash it before a child wore it. The clothing (during construction or shipping) could have come in contact with a variety of substances (she described the use of powders to keep things from sticking - and it wasn't talc) which could be irritating.

I'm Miss Sensitive - I wash because I don't want to take a chance on having a reaction.
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    My aunt worked in retail and was responsible for unpacking shipments of clothing. Based on her comments, I always wash everything before I wear it and certainly would wash it before a child wore it. The clothing (during construction or shipping) could have come in contact with a variety of substances (she described the use of powders to keep things from sticking - and it wasn't talc) which could be irritating.

I'm Miss Sensitive - I wash because I don't want to take a chance on having a reaction.
    I think this is what DH had in mind when he looked at me like I was crazy I guess we can decide once little man is here. The clothes he'll be in the first week were washed....assuming he can fit the 0-3 month one piece sleepers

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I usually wash clothes I just bought before I wear it.
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I don't wash new stuff that I wear but I always wash DS's clothes before he wears them.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Senior Member
    I always wash B's clothes before he wears them. Especially as a newborn because his skin was so super sensitive.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hardly ever wash new clothes for me before I wear them. I know my cousin and mom always washed our stuff when we were babies though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast