Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Am i loving motherhood to much or am i just crazy?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Am i loving motherhood to much or am i just crazy?

Advertisements
    Well I just had my handsome little boy only 3 and 1/2 months ago. Everything has been going just fine and i LOVE being a mom. But i keep getting this weird feeling and i just want to have another baby! It will last for like half the day and then i think "what the heck am i thinking! another baby!!!" and everything goes back to normal but it keeps coming back i think about having another one like 6 or 7 times a day every week! I started wanting another one only a month after I had my little boy and my hubby is leaving for basic in just a couple months and will be gone for 7 months. I just am so lost on what i should do and if that is even normal to feel that way after just having a baby and if im the only one.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by camilan View Post
    Well I just had my handsome little boy only 3 and 1/2 months ago. Everything has been going just fine and i LOVE being a mom. But i keep getting this weird feeling and i just want to have another baby! It will last for like half the day and then i think "what the heck am i thinking! another baby!!!" and everything goes back to normal but it keeps coming back i think about having another one like 6 or 7 times a day every week! I started wanting another one only a month after I had my little boy and my hubby is leaving for basic in just a couple months and will be gone for 7 months. I just am so lost on what i should do and if that is even normal to feel that way after just having a baby and if im the only one.
    Hi and welcome - you may want to pop in to the "newbies" forum and introduce yourself
    To the question, it is not at all abnormal to have that feeling. It can be the euphoria of motherhood, hormones or a legitimate desire to add to your family. However, given what is going on in the life of your family and all the major changes you are going to have in the coming months, do you think this is the best time to do so? What has your husband had to say about the matter?
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Just remember that it isn't recommended to have another until a year has passed.

I absolutely love being a mother. There are days that I want to rip my hair out, of course, but every smile, laugh, and my favorite - hugs make it all worth it. But everyone is different. I do think it's normal to want another (if you're a kid person) shortly after having a baby because like Ziva said, there's a rush of all hormones & feelings but it really varies from person to person. Having another baby has yet to cross my mind because I don't want another for at least 3-4 years IF I want another at all.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Everyone is different. I haven't even thought about having another baby, and do everything possible to prevent it from happening.