Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Feeding difficulties...

1. Senior Member

Feeding difficulties...

Advertisements
    Levi is still having trouble eating, even though he strictly drinks from bottles now. I had a feeling there's something ENT going on with him when his latch was terrible while breastfeeding, and when we switched to bottles he had a weird latch on them, too. Now it's getting worse. When he feeds, he does fine for the first ounce or so, then he starts having trouble breathing, and spitting out the milk with each suck like he can't swallow. He gets so stridorous he sounds like he's having an asthma attack and he gets retractions in his neck, it's terrifying. The pediatrician said he doesn't look tongue-tied, she watched me feed him and saw it, and said she doesn't know what's going on, but obviously something. So I'm waiting on her to call me with an appointment with the speech department at Children's hospital to do a swallow study and see if he's choking/aspirating or what. He's gaining weight well now since we started supplementing, but obviously there's something going on... I feel so bad for him. And I'm so antsy for her to call, the anxiety is killing me. I just want to know what's wrong with him, and hopefully it's an easy fix.
  2. Senior Member
    I am praying for Levi, your family and the doctors that they are able to diagnose and find a solution for him. Keep us updated as you can. Hugs!!
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries