Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Foods that increase milk supply.

:)
    Blog Entries

Help Foods that increase milk supply.

Advertisements
    I talked to the LC last time I went and saw Ziva. She said oatmeal helps with milk supply...what other foods help? I am still only getting 1 to 2oz from each side when I pump. I try to pump every 3 hours and usually I am able to unless something gets in the way where I can't. Ziva isn't eating much now but she will be eventually and I want to make sure there is enough at the hospital since I may not be able to be there to breastfeed

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  2. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! I cut the sugar a bit and then eat three of them in the morning with breakfast. Also mothers milk tea helps me!
  3. Senior Member
    Have you heard of lactation cookies? A lot of people swear by them. You can find good recipes online... it's basically oatmeal cookies with brewer's yeast. The brewer's yeast is the main thing for lactation. Our pediatrician also told me to take fenugreek. It's an herbal supplement. I've noticed a slight difference, but several people I know said it made a big difference for them. Taking 2 pills, 3 times a day.
  4. Senior Member
    lactation cookies all the way
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oatmeal every morning and night, the lactation cookies with brewers yeast, and fenugreek. With the fenugreek, you have to take way more than the bottle says sometimes t get results. For me, I took 6 pills twice a day when I was getting ready to pump. basically you want your sweat and pee to smell like it, gross, I know, but that's the best way to tell if you're taking enough.

Also stay hydrated and try not to stress over pumping because the stress of erything is likely affecting your supply and the efficiency of pumping (and I know that's easier said than done). Hanging in there
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Steel cut oats are way, way better than regular oatmeal.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yesss lactation cookies! Steel cut oats, brewer's yeast, and flax seed galore These cookies are AMAZING (I literally have to limit how many my husband eats lol-- I have to remind him that I made them for ME) and VERY effective! They increased my supply big time (I used the Major Milk Makin' Cookies recipe):

peaceful parenting: Lactation Cookies: Increasing Milk Supply

Also, drink tons of water. Hydration is one of the primary factors that affects supply in breastfeeding mothers.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan