Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this a phase??!!

1. Junior Member

Is this a phase??!!

Advertisements
    Ok, so Derren is just over 7 months now -- we have been lucky in the fact that he has pretty much slept through the night (at least a good 8 hours, sometimes 10-11) since an early age ... until now. Since he has learnt to sit himself up, the minute he wakes up, instead of getting himself back to sleep like he used to, he sits up .. then starts crying. I'm exhausted. He wakes up at least twice a night, automatically sits up, shuffles himself into the corner of the crib, then after a while (he usually waits a little bit) starts crying, while he is sitting. Any advise would be very appreciated!! He has also recently started to crawl (within the last week or so) - and it has really got bad since then.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    William was doing that for awhile I would have to go in a lay him back down. Do you think he just hasn't figured out how to lay himself back down?
  3. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    William was doing that for awhile I would have to go in a lay him back down. Do you think he just hasn't figured out how to lay himself back down?
    That's a good point! I haven't seen him actually lay down yet -- although I he can go from sitting to crawling, to laying on his stomach -- he's not a stomach sleeper at all - either side or back -- he can roll both ways but maybe he hasn't worked out the full process will get him to lay back down again???

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

4. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

That's a "touch point" I always try to warn my families about

Once he hits that gross motor spurt (sitting, crawling, standing, walking) it can be all they want to focus on and make previously rockstar sleepers...not as amazing. They're learning a new skill and he might want do do that ALL the time and it commonly interrupts sleep. Especially around 9 months again.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    That's a "touch point" I always try to warn my families about

Once he hits that gross motor spurt (sitting, crawling, standing, walking) it can be all they want to focus on and make previously rockstar sleepers...not as amazing. They're learning a new skill and he might want do do that ALL the time and it commonly interrupts sleep. Especially around 9 months again.

I felt like William didn't even know he was doing it while he was sleeping and then he would be all mad that he was sitting up and not laying down sleeping