Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does it stop?

1. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

When does it stop?

Advertisements
    The waking-up-in-a-panic-in-the-middle-of-the-night thing?

Quinn has been sleeping from 10pm to 4:30 am for almost two months already but we moved him out of our bed and into his crib in his room when I got back from the states 3 weeks ago. Now I have nightmares every single night about loosing him (usually in the literal sense but sometimes also about him being hurt or killed) and I wake up in an absolute panic searching the bed for him frantically for a few seconds until my husband wakes up and reminds me he's in his crib. It's driving my husband crazy and I'm a wreck, almost afraid to go to sleep because of these stupid dreams. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's gone through this? And any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    How that's an awful feeling every time!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I never experienced that but do you have a video monitor? If not, I would get one like Anglecare with the movement sensor pad also so you have that peace of mind.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    Ha something happened that is causing this panic? I never experienced it and while I can't say it doesn't happen (because obviously it does) it doesn't sound normal to me. I am sorry you having these dreams. I can only imagine how scared you are and how it is affecting you.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I experienced a lesser degree of that with my first and it didn't completely go away until she hit the "safe zone" for SIDS risk. It did lessen as time went on though.

6. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I've never had this happy, but it sounds terrible! I hope it stops soon!
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I wake up in a panic a lot afraid he stopped breathing. It's awful I'm sorry

8. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    How that's an awful feeling every time!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I never experienced that but do you have a video monitor? If not, I would get one like Anglecare with the movement sensor pad also so you have that peace of mind.
    That's a good idea, I think we'll look in to getting a monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Ha something happened that is causing this panic? I never experienced it and while I can't say it doesn't happen (because obviously it does) it doesn't sound normal to me. I am sorry you having these dreams. I can only imagine how scared you are and how it is affecting you.
    It's only started since we moved him out of our bed and into his room. I don't know if maybe I'm not smelling him anymore on some level and it's causing me to subconsciously freak out or what it is, but it's horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
    I experienced a lesser degree of that with my first and it didn't completely go away until she hit the "safe zone" for SIDS risk. It did lessen as time went on though.
    Thanks, hopefully it will start to fade soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    I've never had this happy, but it sounds terrible! I hope it stops soon!
    Thanks

I can't believe this doesn't happen to more people. Now I feel like a weirdo... I swear I don't have PPD or anything! What the heck is wrong with me?
  9. Senior Member
    Not going to lie... I still wake up frantic sometimes. Losing a child to sids is a major fear of mine - so when Matty sleeps through the night (although, rare) I have to go into his room and check on him.. even though I have a video monitor.

I know it will fade with time.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

It's actually pretty common. I have read about this tons of times before & been in plenty of mommy groups with other women who dealt with it. Don't feel like a weirdo, you are NOT alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast