Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: TMI Postpartum Period

1. Senior Member

TMI Postpartum Period

Advertisements
    *Period TMI*

[Ever since having Natalie and getting my regular periods back, they have been AWFUL. God-awful. So, so heavy. The cramps aren't much worse than they've always been, but my God the bleeding. This current one is having me running to the bathroom every 1-2 hours, and I'm having to use both heavy flow tampons and pads at the same time it's so heavy and I'm so prone to leaking within an hour with just the tampon. Does this ever end? Am I doomed to suffer through this every month from now on?? ]
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Yes, it will end.

pregnancy before last my postpartum period I had to change an ultra size (the thickest/heaviest size) every 30-45 mins. I had to use it and an extra-long overnight pad along with it, if I didn't change every 30-45 mins I was leaking through my clothes. They were SOOOO heavy. It lasted over a year, but it finally went back to normal. This last pregnancy, my pp period was relatively normal, a 'little' heavier, but I don't have to change every 45 mins, I can go every 3 hours, and its just the first day that its heavy, instead of the 2-3 days like before.

So, yes, you will go back to normal, could be a few months, could take a year (or more).

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yes, it will end.

pregnancy before last my postpartum period I had to change an ultra size (the thickest/heaviest size) every 30-45 mins. I had to use it and an extra-long overnight pad along with it, if I didn't change every 30-45 mins I was leaking through my clothes. They were SOOOO heavy. It lasted over a year, but it finally went back to normal. This last pregnancy, my pp period was relatively normal, a 'little' heavier, but I don't have to change every 45 mins, I can go every 3 hours, and its just the first day that its heavy, instead of the 2-3 days like before.

So, yes, you will go back to normal, could be a few months, could take a year (or more).
    Yeah, I never bled this much even on the heaviest days before. That gives me hope though, even if it might be a while still.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    Yeah, I never bled this much even on the heaviest days before. That gives me hope though, even if it might be a while still.
    Yeah, I hear ya..

It was brutal... thought it'd never end.
    My two pregnancies prior to that one, all was fine for my pp period.. all normal.. that particular one.. not sure if it was cuz I had twins, or had a c-section.. don't know...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya..

It was brutal... thought it'd never end.
    My two pregnancies prior to that one, all was fine for my pp period.. all normal.. that particular one.. not sure if it was cuz I had twins, or had a c-section.. don't know...
    I had a fantastic labor and delivery, pretty small baby, no tearing, and bled really really heavily for five weeks straight after having her. Gushing and sending me into a panic just like these periods. It definitely sucks.

Thanks for the input.
  6. Senior Member

Now I'm afraid for when mine comes back hahaha.