Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How high for how long?

1. Senior Member

How high for how long?

Advertisements
    B has a cold or something. He got a fever last night and it hasn't really broken at all. Right now it's 101.6. He had ibuprofen at 7 and Tylenol at 10. It's 12 now. It hasn't gotten much higher than that when I've checked. He's been nursing a lot but his diapers haven't been very wet. Google tells me so many different things and the nurses line just says to go in if I feel we should I know it's been asked 100 times, but when do you go in?

He's 9 months, nursing but refusing a bottle, only 1 really wet diaper at 7 and not much since then.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I would call since you haven't gotten it to break with meds. Maybe try a cool bath first.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I would call since you haven't gotten it to break with meds. Maybe try a cool bath first.
    I called and they said they can't tell me whether or not to go in. We don't have urgent care anymore so I'd have to go to the er. He's also cutting 2 teeth. How high do teething fevers usually get?
  4. Senior Member
    Is he teething?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    Is he teething?
    Yeah he's cutting 2 teeth. I thought that's all it was but then I started to feel sick too.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I personally wouldn't bring him in if he's nursing and nothing majorly wrong. Even more so since he's teething it could just be his reaction. But always follow your gut if you think he needs to be seen.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I personally wouldn't bring him in if he's nursing and nothing majorly wrong. Even more so since he's teething it could just be his reaction. But always follow your gut if you think he needs to be seen.
    Yeah he's got a runny nose, cough and the fever but nothing major. I'm just not sure how long to let the fever go on. I think I'll wait or another 6 hour cycle with the meds and see how it goes. If I didn't have the same symptoms I would assume it was just his teeth, but I've been feeling sick and coughing the last couple of days too.
  8. Senior Member
    A runny nose and fever are normal for teething babies - a cough isn't. Can you get in touch with his pediatrician?
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    For me, if it's been over 101 for more than 12 hours and meds aren't lowering it, I'd go in. If meds bring it down each time you give it to him, I'd wait it out as long as he's still nursing regularly, staying hydrated, and his cough doesn't sound croup-like (or uncontrollable).

That being said. Follow your gut.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    For me, if it's been over 101 for more than 12 hours and meds aren't lowering it, I'd go in. If meds bring it down each time you give it to him, I'd wait it out as long as he's still nursing regularly, staying hydrated, and his cough doesn't sound croup-like (or uncontrollable).
    It brings it down, but not all the way. The lowest it's been is 99. I think I'll just really keep track of things over the next 6 hours and decide then.

Thanks ladies!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast