Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula help for gassy bebe

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Help Formula help for gassy bebe

Advertisements
    So breastfeeding did not work for us.

I need gassy baby advice. We have him on Similac sensitive formula with gas drops in the bottle right now but I feel like the gas drops are making him constipated. He was pooping like 5-6 times a day before we started drops but he was in a lot of pain, and now it's once or twice a day.

I am going to buy gripe water this weekend but ideally would like a formula where I don't have to add anything. What brands tricks worked for you?

2. Senior Member
    We ended up havin to use similac alumentium (sp?) because ds was allergic to dairy and soy protein. I would ask your ped, switching around formulas a lot can cause more problems. And, it's totally normal for babies to poop less and less as they get older. Aidan went over a week without a bm a few times. Unless he's seriously uncomfortable, or hurting, it's not nessecarily a big deal. I'd call the peds office and talk to someone about switching, and see what they say about a possible dairy allergy/intolerance. It's fairly common in little ones.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We breastfed, but still had gas problems. I used both the gas drops and Baby's Bliss gripe water multiple times a day and it made things a lot better.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member

We use Enfamil infant. For the gas we gave her gas drops and gripe water, it didn't last long and we haven't used any in months.
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    We breastfed, but still had gas problems. I used both the gas drops and Baby's Bliss gripe water multiple times a day and it made things a lot better.
    This. We breastfed and had huge gas issues. Gripe water was an amazing solution for us and leg rolling.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Try different formula.

I had to find formula that didn't have lipil (or whatever it was called) in it...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Try different formula.

I had to find formula that didn't have lipil (or whatever it was called) in it...
    The formula is what made DD constipated. It was terrible her little poops were so hard :'( it helped so much when we found out she had a dairy sensitivity and she went to soy.
  8. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    We had to mix Similac Sensitive and Gerber Gentle. It was the only thing that worked for our girls. We tried them separately, nothing. Once the doc said mix them, it was magic. Dylan is good on Gerber Gentle, thankfully,

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We always use enfamil. Dd was very gassy when she was young the leg pedaling worked best for her and for ds what worked was rubbing his back in a circle to get the gas moving.
  10. Senior Member
    When I stopped nursing, I used Gerber Good Start Gentle. I had read that it was the easiest on tummies, especially for babies transitioning from breast milk to formula. Anna didn't have any problems with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast