Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BF tips

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

BF tips

Advertisements
    Give em to me.

What worked for you, what didn't?

I'm having a difficult time.

Little simple tips welcome! So far I've found he will only latch when I'm standing and will only eat if he's swaddled.

2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    You might've tried these positions already, but if not, changing positions can sometimes help:

A trick I did was to hand express some breast milk and lather it into your nipple before nursing. It will 1) help with cracking later on and 2) the baby will smell your milk easier and usually be more apt to latch on.

PS: My hats off to you for standing and nursing so soon after a c-section. That takes some serious skill

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just keep trying!! I know it can be frustrating, but the more you do it, the better both you and baby will get at it!

Have you talked to a LC?
  4. Senior Member
    The first few days we're hard! B liked the football hold (snuggled against my side with his feet to the back) since he prefers you standing maybe laying him next to you? It might be the effect that gravity has on your nips that it helping him latch so try different holds where your boob is hanging more rather than held up kwim?
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Laid back position is a great help. Both of you nakey, you lay back a bit and put him on your chest and let him search and latch on his own. Seeing a lact also might help. Want to avoid squeeze and shove. Have him checked for tongue and lip ties.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    Laid back position is a great help. Both of you nakey, you lay back a bit and put him on your chest and let him search and latch on his own. Seeing a lact also might help. Want to avoid squeeze and shove. Have him checked for tongue and lip ties.
    I am nearly an LC and this is also my recommendation and find an LC to help you. Just ask ask ask for support!
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I've seen the Lc I'm still in the hospital. They don't really help me. Yesterday one tried and he ended up getting no milk and I ended up with a hickey.

I can't really do much lying down. My incision hurts too much to lay on my sides or back. I can only sit and stand right now

8. Banned
    Banned
    Cameron would only eat if he was laying length wise on my chest for the first couple of weeks. Like his feet were pointing down to my feet, his head was up by my head. It looked super uncomfortable, but he ate!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Yeah I've seen the Lc I'm still in the hospital. They don't really help me. Yesterday one tried and he ended up getting no milk and I ended up with a hickey.

I can't really do much lying down. My incision hurts too much to lay on my sides or back. I can only sit and stand right now
    My LC showed us how to open up Cameron's mouth more. That really helped him latch better. You just pull down on his chin when he goes to latch and that should open his mouth up and get his tongue in the right spot.
  10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post

Have you tried putting a pillow or boppy above your incision and laying him on it and nursing that way? I remember a lot of positions hurt like hell to have him nurse in after my c-section. Hugging pillows were my savior on several things (like coughing, sneezing...breathing ).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast