Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wool & Fitteds Mamas!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wool & Fitteds Mamas!

Advertisements
    We are an exclusive fitted (hybrids and regular) and woolly family and planning the same with Emmett. Since I knit like crazy anyway, I'm just making his whole stash of wool since I only have two pairs for Wyatt and we didn't start that until he was over 18mos old.

I'm trying to figure out how many woollies I need in each size from NB to about 9/12mos since I figure I won't have time to really knit until Emmett is at least 6mos old, probably later, so planning on taking advantage of all of my knitting time now. I cannot, for the life of me, decide no many I really need. I dont want to make so many that they never get worn but i also dont want so few that i end up not having a comfortable amount since they have to be hand washed and laid out to dry whihc takes a while which i surely wont have with a newborn and 2.5 year old!

I'm basically only making soakers and shorties because of the weather here but if you use longies, add those into the count since normal places need longies on occasion
  2. Senior Member

I just realized how much I don't know about diapers.. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Actually, I don't know if you are even talking about diapers! Soakers, shorties, longies, wooly, fitted, hybrid, seems soooooooo difficult!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I just realized how much I don't know about diapers.. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Actually, I don't know if you are even talking about diapers! Soakers, shorties, longies, wooly, fitted, hybrid, seems soooooooo difficult!
    Yes, they are all cloth diaper things. Soakers, shorties, and longies are all wool pants in various lengths (soaker is basically a diaper cover, shorties are shorts, and longies are long pants). Wool helps keep moisture at bay for fitteds and hybrid fitted because neither of those kind of diapers are waterproof, just absorbent.

It's all crazy overwhelming when you hear it and just start out but it's totally a way of life and second nature now
  4. Regular Member
    Since you only have to change if it gets poopy (right?), I would count on like 5 a day. I really don't remember DS pooping too terribly much as a EBF newb. I just got a couple fitteds and a dozen PFs, so I'm planning on making DS a couple fleece soakers/shorties in the next couple weeks. Not sure how that'll go over in possible 100+ weather, but we'll see.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  5. Senior Member

Can I see what a shortie and longie look like? I don't plan on cloth diapering but I just cant picture what these look like. Do they wear shorts/pants over them or are they actual shorts and pants?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Can I see what a shortie and longie look like? I don't plan on cloth diapering but I just cant picture what these look like. Do they wear shorts/pants over them or are they actual shorts and pants?
    I will post a picture of some that I've made for you You can put the soakers underneath shorts or pants but shorties and longies are the bottoms generally (at least for us).