Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Diaper Bags!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Show Me Your Diaper Bags!!

Advertisements
    Especially those that cloth diaper since we'll be cloth diapering number 2 right from the get-go!!

I used a Mrs. Smith Bag (mrssmithsbags.com) with Wyatt and absolutely adored it. Like couldn't find one thing to not like about it. Loved the insulated, separate drawer, how it went from a backpack to messenger bag, the prints, the quality, the size. EVERYTHING. However, in the last over 2 years with two moves, over ten flights, and billions of trips, it really took a beating and has since kicked the bucket on me (I ripped the strap when it caught on something the last time I flew and it's barely fixed and definitely won't hold up against being packed full, again). I just went on their website but it doesn't look like they're selling on there and there's no one in the retailers section with online stores that have any in stock.

So, with that said, I'm in the market for a comparable diaper bag that can hold all the diapers, wipes, wet bag, nursing things, carrier, etc. like this bag did. I would like to spend $100 or less (obviously less is best ) but will go over happily for the right bag. I went through six bags before landing on this one and I really don't want to do that again.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm gonna be stalking this because I've yet to find one I like and is cheap enough.
  3. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I got mine from Babies R Us and love it so far. Of course, I havent used it. But Its pretty awesome.
    Carter's Tonal Dot Tote Bag - Black/Green - Carters - Babies "R" Us

ETA I found another one that I like that was at Walmart for $20 and that will be my spare in case Im going on a longer trip or something.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This is our bag:
    REI Lookout 40 Pack - Men's - Free Shipping at REI.com

They have a women's version too:
    REI Lookout 40 Pack - Women's - Free Shipping at REI.com

Pictures I just took of it:

Front

Side

Back

Showing how it can be much more full lol

And the travel-sized wet bag that we bring with us (it's a medium wet bag by Planet Wise)

Wet bag tag

It. Is. Amazing. I can fit like 5 cloth dipes in there with cloth wipes, a bottle of wipe solution, a book to read, toys, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottles, everything that would be in my purse, a brush, rain jackets, the wet bag, etc. It's very compact, but somehow it still fits a TON of stuff-- it's like Hermione's purse or something I got it on sale for like 70 or 80 bucks I think. Oh and I got it like two years ago, so there are minor differences between my version and the new one, but they're probably just improvements lol.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I have the JuJe Be Pack-a-be.

I LOVE the JuJe Be products. They hold up wicked well and the material is super easy to clean and wipe up. I can also easily fit 5 fitteds in the bottom and still have room for everything else. I also like that without having to screw with the straps it can be either shoulder or backpack, that was always great. And there is plenty of room for my wallet as well.

I just got the 31 "Easy Breezy Tote"

I like it and I know I will be able to fit everything I need for both kids but it is big and bulky and lame for quick trips because it is kind of huge. I know though that it will fit cloth for both kiddos, clothes, and all other goodies no problem at all. I will have to carry my purse separate though because this only ties no zipper so stuff can fall out.

If I was doing sposies I know the JuJuBe fits for two in that no problem but two in cloth not so much and as this new babe gets older and I am not carrying diapers for LM anymore I would probably go back to my JuJuBe Pack a Be or I will get their new bag the HoBoBe which I really love as well and is super roomy too.
  6. Senior Member
    I use an under armour backpack that I use. The thing that I really love about it, is it has a built in wet bag! I can't find a link to it, but I absolutely love it. It has a zippered pocket on the bottom that is a wet bag. That's where we keep all of our diapers/extra clothes/etc. I found it at Olympia sports about a month ago.
  7. Senior Member

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Deluxe Sporty Diaper Backpack - black, one size: Baby
    I don't carry purses so I wanted something more of a back pack. I don't cloth diaper but this one fits a lot inside it.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I don't carry purses so I wanted something more of a back pack. I don't cloth diaper but this one fits a lot inside it.
    This is the one DH picked out.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh I just remembered-- since mine's for hiking and stuff, it's super sturdy and made to get dirty. Also, I can't tell you how many times I've had Aubs in the Ergo on front with my backpack/baby bag on back They both distribute weight well, so it's totally comfortable.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    I got mine from Babies R Us and love it so far. Of course, I havent used it. But Its pretty awesome.
    Carter's Tonal Dot Tote Bag - Black/Green - Carters - Babies "R" Us

ETA I found another one that I like that was at Walmart for $20 and that will be my spare in case Im going on a longer trip or something.
    That one I know for sure is too small because that's one of my five or six we went through prior to finding our first Adorable but I have so, so much it's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    This is our bag:
    REI Lookout 40 Pack - Men's - Free Shipping at REI.com

They have a women's version too:
    REI Lookout 40 Pack - Women's - Free Shipping at REI.com

It. Is. Amazing. I can fit like 5 cloth dipes in there with cloth wipes, a bottle of wipe solution, a book to read, toys, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottles, everything that would be in my purse, a brush, rain jackets, the wet bag, etc. It's very compact, but somehow it still fits a TON of stuff-- it's like Hermione's purse or something I got it on sale for like 70 or 80 bucks I think. Oh and I got it like two years ago, so there are minor differences between my version and the new one, but they're probably just improvements lol.
    My only issues with a straight backpack is it's always a backpack and the large compartment is so big that you end up digging through and burying things I'm so picky, especially after having my dream bag

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    I have the JuJe Be Pack-a-be.

I LOVE the JuJe Be products. They hold up wicked well and the material is super easy to clean and wipe up. I can also easily fit 5 fitteds in the bottom and still have room for everything else. I also like that without having to screw with the straps it can be either shoulder or backpack, that was always great. And there is plenty of room for my wallet as well.

I just got the 31 "Easy Breezy Tote"

I like it and I know I will be able to fit everything I need for both kids but it is big and bulky and lame for quick trips because it is kind of huge. I know though that it will fit cloth for both kiddos, clothes, and all other goodies no problem at all. I will have to carry my purse separate though because this only ties no zipper so stuff can fall out.

If I was doing sposies I know the JuJuBe fits for two in that no problem but two in cloth not so much and as this new babe gets older and I am not carrying diapers for LM anymore I would probably go back to my JuJuBe Pack a Be or I will get their new bag the HoBoBe which I really love as well and is super roomy too.
    That JuJuBe looks pretty comparable to what I had... Wyatt will be out of diapers, at least day time, once this baby comes. He's already going on short trips in just undies () so I know in another 5 months he'll be good to go. I'll have to look at the HoBoBe, as well. I never really looked at JuJube stuff with Wyatt, probably because of sticker shock, but when you add up all of my diaper bags, I probably spent damn near $500 total. So ridiculous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    My friend has that and loves it but it doesn't have enough pockets for me Again, super picky!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast