Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamas of boys- Question about 9 month well baby

1. Regular Member

Mamas of boys- Question about 9 month well baby

Advertisements
    [Do they check little boys' gentlemen's region?] She's checked every other appointment and he has been a-ok every time. We've had issues with the doc trying to retract him, after and I'd like to avoid that area, if possible. When do they stop checking if they are descended?
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    They only checked his at his 2 week appointment & his 1 month.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Our ped always checks but she's never tried to retract him.
  4. Senior Member
    Our ped always feels his nether regions, just to make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary (hernia, etc). Aidan's circ'd, so I don't really have any other advice. Maybe just ask them not to try to retract? I think it's still a good idea to make sure there's nothing unusal/worrisome.
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I'm a little confused, are you talking about when do they stop feeling his balls, or when do they not retract the foreskin to check the penis itself?

For DS, they stopped checking his gentiles after his 6 months check up, I believe. I still have to retract his foreskin now and then to keep it from adhering (he's circ'd), and at his 19 month appointment/shots was the first time since he was an infant that the pediatrician retracted it to check as well.

No idea if that's what you were asking or not

6. Regular Member
    Kind of both. She checks his testicles then never fails to try to retract him. I've told her no, and she tells me she did it to her boys, and they are fine, so its okay. He's intact, and I was always told to leave it be, it'll retract in its own time.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  7. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by theashmaticcat View Post
    Kind of both. She checks his testicles then never fails to try to retract him. I've told her no, and she tells me she did it to her boys, and they are fine, so its okay. He's intact, and I was always told to leave it be, it'll retract in its own time.
    So he's not circ'd? I assume that's what "intact" means Sorry, my brain is muddled tonight

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt is not circ'd and I don't think his ped ever once retracted his foreskin. I had always heard them same as you have in that you just leave it be and in time it will retract on its own, you shouldn't mess with it.
  9. Regular Member
    Yep.
  10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Wyatt is not circ'd and I don't think his ped ever once retracted his foreskin. I had always heard them same as you have in that you just leave it be and in time it will retract on its own, you shouldn't mess with it.
    Yeah, I don't know much about uncirc'd, but I'd say that if that's the case OP, if the pediatrician goes to do a gentiles examination, stand your ground and tell her you do not want her retracting him. He's your son, and if there's no medical need for it, you have to be clear with her that it's not something you want done. If she refuses to listen to you, I'd look into changing pediatricians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast