Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Diaper Rental Package?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Diaper Rental Package?

Advertisements
    So we're planning on cloth diapering straight from newborn (minus the meconium stage) with this baby. I've slowly been gathering diapers but I've been SLOOOOOWWWW. We have 18, 2 need to be rehomed since we know what Baby is now and they're for the opposite sex, but that's it for newborn size. With the kind/brands we use, they run between $25-35 each with shipping since they're fitteds and made in the states but they're the only kind that worked for Wyatt so we're just sticking to them because they make me enjoy my cloth instead of dread it

I've been looking around, half-heartedly for other baby stuff in general and was looking at baby carriers on one website and clicked on their fitteds link and found that they do diaper rental (in all fitteds!!) packages for 12 weeks for $70 with 25 NB fitteds & 5 PUL covers (which we likely won't use since we use wool). They require a security deposit of $125 when they get back the diapers after we're done with them. With those 25 diapers plus the 8-10 that I absolutely love in my stash, I would have enough to go about 2 days between washes which has been my goal. My plan for the others in my stash would be to sell or trade off the other 8-10 diapers for more one size diapers for this baby. The rental fitteds aren't cute patterns or anything but considering how often newborns poop and pee, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to make a difference

Anyone rent diapers before? We're cleaning and taking care of them (and by we, I really mean just me ) ourselves but that's no different than if I were to buy them all myself. I'm just totally enamored by the fact that for the actual price of $70, I'm getting 25 diapers instead of 2-3 diapers in one of the other brands we use.
  2. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    I know my mom did it with my oldest brother. She loved it. And from the sounds of it you would be saving a lot of money. Plus if you decide you don't like it after the 12 weeks you could take your deposit money and buy your own?
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    What is the baby?!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    What is the baby?!
    We haven't told anyone yet at all and DH made me promise to not say anything n here until we actually told our families. I'm trying to find the box with my printer iron on paper so we can make Wyatt and Baby their shirts for the pregnancy and sex announcement since only MSOS, my best friend, my parents, and in laws even know we're pregnant yet.

Sorry!
  5. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Haven't rented dipes before but that sounds like a great deal, especially since newborns don't stay newborn size for long.

oh, and I want to know the baby's gender too!!!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have thought about doing that if we ever have a third baby, but dh just wants to do china cheapies lol
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    We haven't told anyone yet at all and DH made me promise to not say anything n here until we actually told our families. I'm trying to find the box with my printer iron on paper so we can make Wyatt and Baby their shirts for the pregnancy and sex announcement since only MSOS, my best friend, my parents, and in laws even know we're pregnant yet.

Sorry!
    we must know the gender now!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    That is a great idea. Just like buying used as long as you strip the bejesus out of them you should be golden. Fitteds are great for NBs because they are bullet proof. also if you get the right kidn you really dont need a cover at all.