Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you have liked?

1. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

What would you have liked?

Advertisements
    So to all the parents here!!

My Big is getting ready to have here first child (and I have 4 other sisters who ate pregnant as well)!!!!

I'm SUPER excited for all of them!

My question is, what would be a great baby gift? The last time I had a pregnant sister I bought some cute rompers for the little guy but he quickly grow out of those lol
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Diapers. Before DS fit into his cloth, I cringed every single time we had to buy a $40 case of diapers.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Honestly, other than diapers, I would have much rather been offered cooked meals or my dogs walked or something like that After a c section, laundry and cooking were the last things to get done.
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Necessities rather than cutesy items! Maybe a cute onesie if you really want to buy clothes, but I appreciated the diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, etc more.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

A gift card to local delivery restaurants.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    A gift card to local delivery restaurants.
    Lol I think my sis would love that!!

It would be nice to give her some paid service for laundry or what not buy he lives on the other side of the state and I live on student wages lol
  7. Senior Member
    I asked a friend a while back this same question because I never know what to get someone for a baby shower. She told me to get basic medicine kind of stuff, like baby motrin/tylenol, diaper rash cream, a little first aid kit, that kind of stuff. I put it all in a little cute basket and it was relatively inexpensive compared to other stuff I've bought for baby showers.
  8. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

Quote Originally Posted by JRNemo View Post
    I asked a friend a while back this same question because I never know what to get someone for a baby shower. She told me to get basic medicine kind of stuff, like baby motrin/tylenol, diaper rash cream, a little first aid kit, that kind of stuff. I put it all in a little cute basket and it was relatively inexpensive compared to other stuff I've bought for baby showers.
    Oh that sounds prefect!! Thanks
  9. Senior Member
    clothes that are bigger than newborn/0-3 months! everyone seems to give what the baby will fit into right away, I mean makes sense but then what shall the child wear 6 months from now My friend who had a baby like 6 months ago ran into this problem, she had a TON of 0-3 months from gifts, and almost nothing for bigger. I gave her all 6-12 month clothes Make sure to consider the weather/season at the general time period that the kid will wear it, too (kid was born in winter, and I bought 6-12 month short sleeves).
  10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Older clothes. We had mostly up to 6 months & DS fit into 9 months at 6 months. He's just about 9 months now & is in 12-18 months. We only had like 5 things in that size starting out

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast