Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Carriers & Backpacks: Suggestions Needed

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Carriers & Backpacks: Suggestions Needed

Advertisements
    So DS has grown out of love with his K'tan so we are looking for a new carrier. Plan on doing a lot of walking around, going to parks, walks, ect this summer and I need something besides his stroller that I can carry him in.

I need something with a LOT of back support. Looking right now at the Chicco Smart Support Backpack but want suggestions or reviews from others.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ergo, hands down. We have an Ergo Performance and we have gone on more hikes than I could possibly count. It is a fabulous, comfortable carrier that can do front, back, and side carry. Babysteals has them on sale all the time, but they're marked down on Amazon too. If you're going to be active outside, I recommend the performance version for its breathable fabric. Aubs never gets overheated or sweats and we've been out in some hot, humid summers.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Ergo, hands down. We have an Ergo Performance and we have gone on more hikes than I could possibly count. It is a fabulous, comfortable carrier that can do front, back, and side carry. Babysteals has them on sale all the time, but they're marked down on Amazon too. If you're going to be active outside, I recommend the performance version for its breathable fabric. Aubs never gets overheated or sweats and we've been out in some hot, humid summers.
    Yup this. I have an organic and a performance we use the performance for hikes. Amazing.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

A friend of mine just got herself a Tula and looooves it. It's good up to 50lbs and lasts much longer than the Ergo. Better for toddlers if you plan to babywear for a long time.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I will be stalking this. DH and I need something for Tristen for when we are hiking around in Alaska.
  6. Senior Member
    My Ergo is the bomb.com. We used it the entire week at Disney and I was fine. I'm 6/7 months preggo and my boobs are huge and I used it all day Saturday and no issues with my back!
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

We had a Kelty kids framed backpack carrier. We used the heck out if it in Alaska! Spendy, but well worth the money.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    We had a Kelty kids framed backpack carrier. We used the heck out if it in Alaska! Spendy, but well worth the money.
    We had a Kelty Kids when ours were little. Used it all over England, traveling through airports, all kinds of things - it was amazing. It supported my back wonderfully - I never had any pain. I liked the style because the kids weren't smooshed up against me with their hips spread like I was carrying them piggy-back style like a lot of the back carriers back then use to do. I don't know if a lot of the new-fangled stuff still does that or not.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    We have one but its way too big for normal trips, only hiking and day trips. We love our TULA and we have a linen wrap which are both equally awesome and cool.