Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Could this be a teething issue?

1. Banned
    Banned

Could this be a teething issue?

Advertisements
    Ever since we got DS his amber necklace, teething problems have pretty much been non-existent. We've had to give him a few teething tabs here or there, but that's been it. Lately (I want to say this past week or so), getting him to eat has been a huge fight. Even if we give him his favorite foods and let him do all the feeding, he still isn't interested. Tonight he threw bananas and graham crackers off his tray, and he straight up refused to eat broccoli and chicken...which are two things he can't ever get enough of.

I noticed the other day he is cutting another tooth, but this is soooo unlike him. He cut the matching tooth (same spot, opposite side) last week, and we didn't have these issues then. He doesn't appear to be losing weight, and he still having wet/poopy diapers so I'm trying not to worry too much, but it's getting pretty hard.

Do I chalk this up having a stubborn baby who is going through a phase, or could it be teething?
  2. Senior Member
    Could be teething, could just be a phase. Aidan does that from time to time. He'll go a couple days where getting him to eat is nearly impossible. We normally just keep offering him food throughout the day. As long as he's acting normal (aside from the eating) and drinking well, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it goes more then 3-4 days.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    That's the thing though. He's been doing this consistently for about a week. He ate a good breakfast, ate an okay lunch, and hardly ate any dinner. He's still nursing a lot though, so I know he's getting some nutrition. If his tooth is bugging him, maybe we will go back to baby food for a few days. That way he wouldn't have to chew.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

If it stops after the tooth comes in, you will know. It really could go either way.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Trina Fantastica View Post
    If it stops after the tooth comes in, you will know. It really could go either way.
    Gotta love growing teeth, huh?
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I would say a little of both but probably worse because of teeth. LM is cutting more and been doing the same lately as well.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I wouldn't stress it too much. If he's still nursing regularly, he may just want the milk instead of food right now. He won't starve himself and if he's acting normally other than not having much dinner, he just may not be very hungry.