Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering switching from bf to ff

1. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w

Considering switching from bf to ff

Advertisements
    I cant take much more of my child biting me. He bite me so hard today it made me cry. It still hurts now, it kinda feels like it is on fire.

I am seriously considering switching just because of that. But at the same time I feel horrible because I can produce enough for him but it is starting become a problem with him biting me. Plus he is always wanting to nurse so I cant get anything done (maybe he thinks I am his personal pacifier since he refuses one) Me not getting anything done in return makes me feel like a horrible wife and mother. I just dont know what to do. Ugh I just want to break down right now!
  2. Banned
    Banned

The biting will decrease. It's a phase. But, you have to do what is best for your little guy and what is best for you. If you are constantly stressed out/frustrated/dread nursing, he may pick up on that. Your sanity is important as well. What about pumping and giving him a bottle?
  3. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post

The biting will decrease. It's a phase. But, you have to do what is best for your little guy and what is best for you. If you are constantly stressed out/frustrated/dread nursing, he may pick up on that. Your sanity is important as well. What about pumping and giving him a bottle?
    I have thought about pumping but I swear my boobs hate pumps. I only get 2 oz if im lucky.
  4. Senior Member
    I so feel you on the constant nursing. B nurses hourly if not more and I get nothing done until he goes to bed. I spend 80% of my day nursing him, or at least that's how it feels. Maybe pump? I've been trying to supplement with B and I've literally gotten him to take 2 ounces of formula from me in the past month. And not even all at the same time it's a challenging transition. No matter what you decide to do, don't feel guilty. Do what you need to do for you and your family.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa8689 View Post
    I have thought about pumping but I swear my boobs hate pumps. I only get 2 oz if im lucky.
    Hmmm....maybe you can mix the 2 oz in with some formula to make the switch easier? (If you decide to switch that is)
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    I so feel you on the constant nursing. B nurses hourly if not more and I get nothing done until he goes to bed. I spend 80% of my day nursing him, or at least that's how it feels. Maybe pump? I've been trying to supplement with B and I've literally gotten him to take 2 ounces of formula from me in the past month. And not even all at the same time it's a challenging transition. No matter what you decide to do, don't feel guilty. Do what you need to do for you and your family.
    I definitely agree with the constant nursing thing. Cameron is at that age where EVERYTHING is SO exciting, so he'll nurse for 10 seconds, pop off, go explore whatever it was he was looking at, come back, nurse for a few more seconds, lather, rinse, repeat. I swear I have my shirt up most of the day.

The one time Cameron tried formula was hilarious. We were at a playdate, and one of his baby friends abandoned his bottle. Cameron picked it up, took a drink, and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever seen. It was great.
  6. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    Hmmm....maybe you can mix the 2 oz in with some formula to make the switch easier? (If you decide to switch that is)

I definitely agree with the constant nursing thing. Cameron is at that age where EVERYTHING is SO exciting, so he'll nurse for 10 seconds, pop off, go explore whatever it was he was looking at, come back, nurse for a few more seconds, lather, rinse, repeat. I swear I have my shirt up most of the day.

The one time Cameron tried formula was hilarious. We were at a playdate, and one of his baby friends abandoned his bottle. Cameron picked it up, took a drink, and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever seen. It was great.
    This is another thing pop on pop off. He has never tried formula before and most likely he wont take it which sucks if I decided to switch. It just feels like formula feed babies are more independent then breastfed babies.

It feels like ever since I have had braydon I never leave my house. Its like I don't have a life anymore. I think that is another factor on me going out of my mind.

Are your babies "whinners"? It just feels like braydon whines all the time. Just want to know if it happens with all breastfed babies?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have you thought about using nursing shields? Have you talked to a lactation consultant or La Leche League?
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa8689 View Post
    This is another thing pop on pop off. He has never tried formula before and most likely he wont take it which sucks if I decided to switch. It just feels like formula feed babies are more independent then breastfed babies.

It feels like ever since I have had braydon I never leave my house. Its like I don't have a life anymore. I think that is another factor on me going out of my mind.

Are your babies "whinners"? It just feels like braydon whines all the time. Just want to know if it happens with all breastfed babies?
    Bowen isn't much of a whiner, usually. Have you considered trying to get him on a schedule? Like don't allow him to "snack"on you but only offer the breast every three hours or something? I feel like that's a big difference between bf and ff, ff tends to be more on a schedule and bf is more on demand.
  9. Senior Member
    When we're out B is fine going a few hours without nursing. The constant rooting only happens at home. I'm much more sane when we get out I'll even take him and the dog for a walk just for a break from nursing sometimes.
  10. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Have you thought about using nursing shields? Have you talked to a lactation consultant or La Leche League?
    No, I haven't I don't even know where my shields are at right now.

Bowen isn't much of a whiner, usually. Have you considered trying to get him on a schedule? Like don't allow him to "snack"on you but only offer the breast every three hours or something? I feel like that's a big difference between bf and ff, ff tends to be more on a schedule and bf is more on demand.
    I am going to attempt the who schedule thing today because he has always been able to nurse on demand and his so called schedule would be "let me eat for 5 minutes now and 10 minutes here in a half an hour" type thing. KWIM?

When we're out B is fine going a few hours without nursing. The constant rooting only happens at home. I'm much more sane when we get out I'll even take him and the dog for a walk just for a break from nursing sometimes.
    I swear thats how Braydon is!! He wants to nurse like a crazy man at home but one we go somewhere he is this perfect like baby. I always get "Oh, you have such a good baby" My response to them is always "Wait until we get home"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast