Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Stroller Thread

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Another Stroller Thread

Advertisements
    Yet another stroller thread from me Sorry but y'all are the only way to get a lot of opinions when I can't go into a place and try something out.

So, anyway, I was originally sold completely on the Britax B Agile Double (Amazon.com: Britax B-Agile Double Stroller, Black: Baby). Loved the sleek look, all the great reviews, everything about it. Not super in love with the price but we knew were budgeting around $400 and since we don't need all that much with this baby, we figured we would just go for it considering that we want 2 more kids after this baby all around the same age difference so it would be used a lot.

With that said, my mom kinda shook up the game here and now both DH and I are kinda torn. She and Dad are on my dad's band field trip in Disney World (lucky ) and she called me to look up the Joovy Double stroller (Amazon.com: Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller, Black: Baby) because they're all over and look similar to what we want so to check it out. I wasn't expecting to be surprised but somehow I must have missed this one in originally looking for a double.

-First, it's only $200 instead of the lowest Britax being $337 (which is probably only a sale so it will probably go back up).

-The footrests are adjustable which I really like especially with Wyatt being such a peanut. Britax does not.

-It lays flat which is good for both kids because they'll be able to nap.

-It has a HUGE basket underneath which is a total must for me (I'm not entirely sure how it compares to the Britax one).

-It has built in adult cup holders and little pockets on the back of the kid's seats which is also a big plus for us considering this will be used for family vacations when we visit in the winter and then eventually get back to the mainland next year. The Britax doesn't come with any of that, we'd have to buy the add-ons for that which run up the total more.

-It comes in colors. I'm not picky on color but, with the Britax, I really want it in red but would be getting it in Black because the black is only $337 whereas the red is $499 and that's so not worth the money. The Joovy comes in black, orange, and lime green on amazon all for the same $200 price.

-The Joovy has the built in 'belly bar' (the bar that comes across) for attaching toys, sippy cups, etc. I've got to do a little more digging but I'm thinking they must sell an attachment for a kid's tray that hooks to it, as well. Again, with the Britax, we'd have to spend more money to get that.

-Joovy has one, large umbrella/sun shade thing whereas the Britax has two, independent ones. Not having two kids or ever pushing two kids in one stroller, I'm not sure how big of a deal it would be to have one instead of two (momma's weigh in that this, please ). Again, not sure if the extra money is worth it.

I've read the reviews on amazon and pretty much everyone that has one seems to love it. DH and I are ALMOST sold on the Joovy however (and here's my biggest, pretty much only, hang up): the Joovy is not compatible with any infant carrier/seat out there. I know it lays flat and the reviewers say that they used it on their infants perfectly fine and they all recommended using one of those full body snuggly pillows that help keep them from moving around in the seat which isn't that big of a deal because we had one of those for Wyatt in the stroller anyway. We are a baby wearing family and I, more than likely, wouldn't be taking the car seat into, for example, Disney World anyway but I'm kinda worried about not having that option at all. With the Britax, it's only compatible with their car seat so we'd, again, have to spend more money but we are prepared for that. We still have Wyatt's infant carrier and base which is perfectly fine but now I'm thinking if we do get this stroller, since it isn't compatible anyway, we'll just buy a second Graco MyRide and be done with that right off the bat.

So, opinions, please! If anyone's had this stroller or done the no infant seat with a stroller thing, please weigh in! I'm totally torn and since it's free shipping on amazon to my mom (and $250 to me ), whatever we decide will be delivered to my mom and she'll be flying it out here when she comes rather than paying more for shipping than the stroller itself so I won't be seeing it in person until about a week before this baby comes.
  2. Senior Member

Baby stuff is soooo difficult!! I always 95% like things, we recently just got a BOB for Aria and I 95% like it. There are just things I would have prefered it to come with or have that would make things easier.

I say if you can make it work and you like almsot everything about it then go for it! THe only thing I wonder is if that bar is too high? Seems like it would cut right in their line of sight. We got the snack tray for the Bob but had to remove it because Aria didnt like it being in her way.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'd probably go with the cheapest I've heard of almost everyone liking the Joovy stroller
  4. Senior Member
    The fact that it's not compatible with an infant carrier is a no go for me. I would want the option. I am totally against waking a sleeping baby and E slept in her car seat 95% of the time until she was about 6 months old.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Baby stuff is soooo difficult!! I always 95% like things, we recently just got a BOB for Aria and I 95% like it. There are just things I would have prefered it to come with or have that would make things easier.

I say if you can make it work and you like almsot everything about it then go for it! THe only thing I wonder is if that bar is too high? Seems like it would cut right in their line of sight. We got the snack tray for the Bob but had to remove it because Aria didnt like it being in her way.
    I think you're right about the 95%, it's just I have to figure out what 5% I can deal with not liking That's my problem Good point on the bar, I've got to check if its removable so good job bringing that up, didn't even thnk of that!

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I'd probably go with the cheapest I've heard of almost everyone liking the Joovy stroller
    That's good to hear! That's what's really tearing us up because that price point makes it really sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    The fact that it's not compatible with an infant carrier is a no go for me. I would want the option. I am totally against waking a sleeping baby and E slept in her car seat 95% of the time until she was about 6 months old.
    That is my hang up!! Wyatt slept in his car seat but I'm trying to think when he was that little how much we actually used the stroller with him and I feel like my brain is totally mush! For theme parks or long trips, I know within a shadow of a doubt that we wouldn't be carrying around the seat with the stroller because I'm totally against long periods of time in the car seat but not having the option to use it makes me weary.
  6. Senior Member
    I must be weird, but I used my carseat + stroller combo a TON when E was little. I took it to Target, the Commissary, the mall, etc - any place that it would work with the amount of purchases I was doing. It was great in the airports when we flew a few times and she was under a year old.
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    For me the infant carrier is a must. I want to be able to move him efficiently.

Howevers, the one big complaint ive read about the britax is the lack of storage underneath.

I know you're limited on stores over there but we are getting ours from Buy Buy Baby. They will price match anyone and you can use a 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond (which are always available). They also do free shipping. So that knocks your $337 down to $270.

I think I had more anxiety over a stroller than anything in my life. I hope you pick the best one!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    I must be weird, but I used my carseat + stroller combo a TON when E was little. I took it to Target, the Commissary, the mall, etc - any place that it would work with the amount of purchases I was doing. It was great in the airports when we flew a few times and she was under a year old.
    The few times we flew with him when he was little, we didn't take the stroller, just the seat for the flight and I wore him otherwise. The only time I can explicitly remember using the seat and stroller was picking up my mom and then my dad at the airport when mom came at a week post partum and dad at 3/4weeks. Other than that, I really cannot remember!! When I grocery shopped, I wore him. Same for most outings, as far as memory serves me of course, the memory right now is not exactly up to par!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    For me the infant carrier is a must. I want to be able to move him efficiently.

Howevers, the one big complaint ive read about the britax is the lack of storage underneath.

I know you're limited on stores over there but we are getting ours from Buy Buy Baby. They will price match anyone and you can use a 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond (which are always available). They also do free shipping. So that knocks your $337 down to $270.

I think I had more anxiety over a stroller than anything in my life. I hope you pick the best one!
    I'm literally freaking out about buying a stroller out here, like for real panic! It scares me to death buying something so important and expensive completely blind. The only physical stores we have here are the NEX, BX, Kmart, and Macy's which none carry the Britax or Joovy and even if they did, they don't honor site to store shipping so it costs as much or more that the physical stroller itself which is just ridiculous to me since it's US territory and on the USPS mail system so shipping costs the same going to my or or me, they just want mail to us here.

The storage is a huge thing t me, it was one of the biggest reasons why I went with the stroller we had with Wyatt so that plays a huge part int he process. I'm just so torn about t being able to use the infant carrier in the stroller if we want to.
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I never used the infant seat in my stroller with rylee. It was a tiny pain but not unbearable, and much better for baby anyway. Carseats aren't good for kids to be in longer then a car ride.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Senior Member
    I don't own either stroller but I'd probably go with the joovy. If its got good reviews and saves money that's awesome. And if I were a baby wearer I would totally not let not being able to connect the carseat stop me. Is getting a convertible carseat an option or something you would do since you can use it a lot longer and you're a baby wearer?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast