Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Baby Shower??

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Second Baby Shower??

Advertisements
    I guess this is a good enough forum to post this question for you ladies.

My best friend in the whole wide world is pregnant with her second child. Her son is going to be 3 this July and I think her baby is due October 10th or somewhere around there.

My question is about baby showers. Do people usually have a baby shower for their second child? This baby is most likely going to be a boy also. Her husbands family has only given birth to one female since the 1920s... No joke. No female offspring at all.

If baby showers ARE a thing for second babies, do you think it would be weird if I threw one for my friend? Or is that usually up to the grandma's? Another thing, when ARE baby showers usually thrown?

I am going to be home in July and August and was already planning on going to Portland (where my friend lives) and now I'm thinking, if it isn't weird, to throw her a (surprise?) baby shower.

What do you all think?

Thanks for your advice!!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I had a second baby shower I don't honk they are weird! It's about celebrating a baby
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I had a second baby shower I don't honk they are weird! It's about celebrating a baby
    I agree! People always want to oo and ahh about new babies no matter what number they are!
    :)
    Blog Entries
    I didn't have one with ODD but my dad threw me one for YDD. Was weird having my dad throw it but he had some help from a female friend and it was fun lol. Anyway my mom said she is gonna throw me on for this baby. I think it's pretty normal now for people to have baby showers for more then the first child. Some people think its tacky but I see no issues. I think most showers are thrown after 20 weeks (or after the gender is found out). I am due in Oct and I think my shower will be in July/Aug.

I don't think it would be weird to throw your friend a baby shower. Maybe talk to her mom and see if she plans to throw one and if not then tell her you want to do a surprise one when you are in town.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm hoping this doesn't sound greedy but we're really hoping that someone will throw us a shower for this baby. We didn't have one with Wyatt and we don't need too much but it would be really nice for someone to throw us one purely for the fun side of it.
  6. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    So July or August would be a fine time to throw one, then? She lives about 10 minutes from her mother-in-law (they have a great relationship and I know her too. We're friends on facebook) so I was thinking I could collaborate with her. See if something wasn't already in the works.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Most people have a shower for each kid. A celebration and a time to get things for the LO. Even if the gender of the baby is the same there are always things that are needed/appreciated. I gave my GF a coupon for house cleaning, bath, an alone trip to the store, etc for her second kid. Let me tell you, she used them.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We threw two baby showers for my cousin. I was the Godmother of her DD so I threw that one, and my sister was the Godmother of her DS so she threw that one. her mom (my aunt), my mom and anther cousin helped us plan both. They were both born in July and I think the showers were in May/June. I think nowadays showers are more about celebrating/having fun than really giving the women all the things they need for baby. Even so, I think new baby things are always 'needed' to some degree. Some things aren't passed along from one baby to the next, even if they are the same gender.
  9. Senior Member
    I don't think it's weird or tacky either! I agree with PPs who said its about celebrating the new baby

Talk to her mom and hopefully y'all can collaborate on getting a shower together! Fun!
  10. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    This is all good news! I personally always thought a baby shower for each kid was normal, but then a lot of my friends said just the first one gets a baby shower. I thought that was weird...

But now I really do want to go ahead with it!

Should I ask in here, or start a new thread with ideas you girls liked and disliked? haha

I know ZERO things about babies, so I don't even know what would be best to give or do or anything.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast