Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another EP question...

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Another EP question...

Advertisements
    My family is going to an amusement park on Monday and I'd really like to go. I can't take my pump with me, so my question is since I'm still trying to establish my supply would it be best to stay home or just use a hand pump every time she wants to eat? I'm not sure I want to lug out a bunch of bottles in a cooler for the whole day that's why I was thinking just giving her what I pump might be best. It's not important that I go, I just thought it would be nice to get out of the house for a day.

TIA
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is she not eating off the breast at all? Because that would be the easiest and least stressful. Otherwise, I'd probably bring the hand pump and a cooler bag with milk in it with you. You should go, though, don't stay home
  3. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Is she not eating off the breast at all? Because that would be the easiest and least stressful. Otherwise, I'd probably bring the hand pump and a cooler bag with milk in it with you. You should go, though, don't stay home
    I wish she was I do keep trying hoping that we might finally get it, but now she's used to a bottle and gets super pissed every time we try.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    I wish she was I do keep trying hoping that we might finally get it, but now she's used to a bottle and gets super pissed every time we try.
    Stubborn!! Just a suggestion - have you tried a shield? I never needed one but I've heard great things about them. As for the lugging bottles for the whole day, get some BM storage bags and pour what you need in there, bring a few bottles and a small thing of dish soap and little scrubbie or wash cloth and just wash them out in between. I pumped for Wyatt for take offs and landings when we flew from Hawaii to the East coast when he was around two months since I wanted to make sure he was still in his seat but sucking to pressurize his ears and that worked well for us on the planes.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Why is bringing your pump not an option?

If you REALLY don't want to bring it, I would most deff bring a cooler bag and your hand pump. Its super important right now to be consistent so aside from an emergency, you really want to do what you can to pump often. Even if you have to dump it (which I know, heart breaking)... I would still pump while your out!
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Why is bringing your pump not an option?

If you REALLY don't want to bring it, I would most deff bring a cooler bag and your hand pump. Its super important right now to be consistent so aside from an emergency, you really want to do what you can to pump often. Even if you have to dump it (which I know, heart breaking)... I would still pump while your out!
    My guess is she doesn't have a battery pack for her electric and probably won't be able to find an outlet to plug into to pump.

You should pump to keep your milk up and everything so hand pump if you can't take your electric (which is preferable).
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    My guess is she doesn't have a battery pack for her electric and probably won't be able to find an outlet to plug into to pump.

You should pump to keep your milk up and everything so hand pump if you can't take your electric (which is preferable).
    Oh, just thought of something, OP. I don't know what amusement park you're going to but some have maps online that will even show you electrical outlets. Maybe do some googling or even call their guest relations and just explain and ask. You never know, they may have nursing rooms in their restrooms for you to use.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh, just thought of something, OP. I don't know what amusement park you're going to but some have maps online that will even show you electrical outlets. Maybe do some googling or even call their guest relations and just explain and ask. You never know, they may have nursing rooms in their restrooms for you to use.
    was my train of thought... it wont hurt to bring it and try! If that is the reason, I would definitely bring it and at least give it a shot.

Heck, I brought my pump to a winery and asked the manager if there was a quiet place I could use and they were happy to show me to a quiet room in the bottle room.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

was my train of thought... it wont hurt to bring it and try! If that is the reason, I would definitely bring it and at least give it a shot.

Heck, I brought my pump to a winery and asked the manager if there was a quiet place I could use and they were happy to show me to a quiet room in the bottle room.
    I'm sorry but the bolded just made me giggle! I totally had wine and beers while nursing but that just has me laughing here. My mom has a picture of me that I wouldnt' let her post on FB o fme nursing little, bitty Wyatt with two beers next to me and me holding another because she was opening up beers to taste (my parents are the beer equivalent to wine tasters ).
  10. Senior Member

I'm sorry but the bolded just made me giggle! I totally had wine and beers while nursing but that just has me laughing here. My mom has a picture of me that I wouldnt' let her post on FB o fme nursing little, bitty Wyatt with two beers next to me and me holding another because she was opening up beers to taste (my parents are the beer equivalent to wine tasters ).
    I wore Aidan to a wine tasting in NH last summer. He wouldn't stay calm in his stroller, so I wore him. For 2 hours.

Anyway...I pumped in the car on i93 on the way to NH 3.5 weeks after having Aidan by c section. Depending on what type of pump you have, while very bulky, you can use batteries, or get a car charger. I ran my pump on a crap load of AA batteries while we were on the road/at my bils wedding, a d plugged it in when I could. I also sat in our hotel room most of the weekend, because I was self conscious of nursing in public at the time. Don't let it keep you from doing things. You'll grow to resent it. I know it's last minute, but they make a small cooler bag, that you freeze, that will keep things cold for 12 hours. I've used it for BM and formula. Works amazingly.

Oh, and we also had to use a shield for the first week or so, too. It really helped teach Aidan to latch really well. . Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast