Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Carrier

1. Senior Member

Baby Carrier

Advertisements
    I can't decide what carrier to get! I want to get one soon so that way we can get Aria used to it before we PCS. We will be flying from Japan to the states then on to Turkey so I thought a carrier would be nice for the airport.

I am concerned she won't like it because she likes to be held so she can see. We are also both hot natured so I dont want us to get really hot when she's in it.

Any suggestions?
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

ERGO. Hands down my favorite carrier and LM. (I have 5 carriers ) Most comfortable. Easy on and off. Most breathable. And it's a sitter not a crotch dangler so it's safe for her hips. They have the infant insert which is amazing too they are nice and snuggled up.

Also though with how little she is a ring sling might would to snug her covered right up against your chest.
  3. Senior Member
    The Ergo, but since she's small I loved my moby too
  4. Senior Member

I was thinking Boba or Ergo. I don't think we would like the wrap since we get so hot, plus I don't think my DH would use it and I want something we will both use.

What type of ERGO? I see they have organic, sport, original?

I really wish they sold them here so I could go test one out.
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I was thinking Boba or Ergo. I don't think we would like the wrap since we get so hot, plus I don't think my DH would use it and I want something we will both use.

What type of ERGO? I see they have organic, sport, original?

I really wish they sold them here so I could go test one out.
    Organics are the most versatile. The sports are great but there is a height difference on it (I have both) and if you have a short torso it can end right at a nerve on baby and really piss them off. At least it did with LM. Personally of the two. I prefer my Organic.

Just be sure you get it from a good dealer because there are a lot of fakes, good fakes being made out there and the hooks aren't as safe.
  6. Senior Member
    I would say an ergo or boba. I can wear an ergo. I'm too short, and it doesn't fit right. However, I have a boba. Almost the same exact thing (although, you don't need an infant insert, the carrier changes for itty bitty ones. Is there some where local where you could try on a few different ones? That's what I did. I rented a couple until I was satisfied that an ergo was a no go for me. Then we were asked to review the boba on our blog. Loved it from the minute I put him in it!! 45 pound (I think) weight limit front carry or back carry. Nice hood to cover baby/toddler. And foot straps for toddlers to put their feet in, so they are even more aware of the propped way for them to be sitting, and so their legs aren't just dangling. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me
  7. Senior Member
    I love my ergo! My sister loaned me her moby for a while, and DH loved it, but I could never figure it out. It was nice when she was tiny, though. We also have a Bjorn, but that kills my back, especially now that she is heavier. Overall, I would definitely go with the ergo. It doesn't hurt my back, plus, I love that I can carry her back or front (or even on the side, although I haven't tried that).
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have an Ergo performance/sport/whatever. It is AWESOME! Keeps the kiddos from getting overheated, which is important if you're somewhere that gets very hot, or if you're wearing it on hikes where you're all sweating. It's way more breathable than the original and organic versions.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

9. Senior Member
    I just bought a Babyhawk mei tai and I love it. Very versatile, and comfortable. I only have other experience with a baby k'tan. I liked it and it served its purpose around the house with a tiny newborn, but I wouldn't use it much after 2 months.
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    A ring sling fits all of your criteria. They are easy to take on and off. They fold up super compact and fit in a purse or diaper bag. No folding, clipping, or tying which is a pain. You can do a kangaroo hold, back carry, hip carry, or froggy carry. The first 3 allow her to be looking out and see what is going on. The sling does most of the holding (especially in kangaroo hold) so you dont get as hot as you would with a carrier that baby is strapped to you all the way around.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast