Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP I'M GOING INSANE!!

1. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

HELP I'M GOING INSANE!!

Advertisements
    Taking five minutes right now to do those deep breathing exercises. Quinn is six weeks old and I swear he's spent the past week and half screaming and eating in a cycle without a break. He has horrible constant gas that is making him super uncomfortable and I can't pin down what's causing the problem. Since I can't get him to really sleep he's ALWAYS overtired which just compounds the situation. Every time I do get him to sleep and then try to lay him down he's awake and crying in less than ten minutes. I barely have time to go to the bathroom much less eat enough to maintain my milk supply. I've gotten three hours of broken sleep or less every night for the past 10 in a row. I don't even know where my bras are and I haven't been out of these pajama pants in at least a week.

Please, please, please tell me it gets better? Or send hugs? Or tell me how horrible your child was at this age to put in all in perspective? Advice? Anything really.

...and he's crying again.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    and more
    Are you BFing or bottle feeding? Have you spoken with his ped about this?
  3. Senior Member
    A friend of mine started giving her daughter gripe water to help with tummy pain from gas, and it helped a lot. Other than that, I don't have much advice. I would talk to his pediatrician for suggestions.
  4. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

Thanks, I'm BFing and the Ped says it's just his digestive system trying to work things out.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    what helped with dds gas when she was that little was peddling her legs. Where are you trying to get him to sleep? Could you try having him sleep in a swing or bouncer just to get him to sleep?
  6. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

We don't have a swing but I've tried the vibratey butt chair we have and it doesn't help. Even DH can't get him to sleep it has to be me.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Do you connect anything your eating to worse days? Have you changed your diet at all?
    Are you tying gripe water or gas drops?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

I've tried cutting out foods that I know give me gas like broccoli for three days last week, and when that didn't work I tried cutting out dairy over the weekend. No change. I haven't tried gripe water or gas drops but I asked DH to look for both last time he went shopping. He didn't have any luck at the commissary or the shopette. Do you know where we could find either one around here?
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RachaelAnne View Post
    I've tried cutting out foods that I know give me gas like broccoli for three days last week, and when that didn't work I tried cutting out dairy over the weekend. No change. I haven't tried gripe water or gas drops but I asked DH to look for both last time he went shopping. He didn't have any luck at the commissary or the shopette. Do you know where we could find either one around here?
    Oh hi! Your in England too!
    Off base at sainsbury, wilconsins has gripe water commissary has gas drops (I works there )
    Cutting out food can take days and weeks to show a differenc, milk takes about 2-4 weeks to completely leave your and her system.
    Are you on the meals on heels face book page?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    Oh hi! Your in England too!
    Off base at sainsbury, wilconsins has gripe water commissary has gas drops (I works there )
    Cutting out food can take days and weeks to show a differenc, milk takes about 2-4 weeks to completely leave your and her system.
    Are you on the meals on heels face book page?

Well, we all know how men "look" for things... I'll have to come along to the commissary next time. So you would recommend cutting out diary for like a month?

And no I'm not on the meals on heels FB page, could you post the link for it?

ETA: That's probably not fair, I should say I know how my husband "looks" for things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast