Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Super dumb swaddling question

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Super dumb swaddling question

Advertisements
    I feel sooooo dumb asking this, but do babie have to sleep swaddled? I've never seen a baby that doesn't like it, but Piper absolutely hates it!! She throws a crazy fit every time I swaddle her, so tonight I put her in her crib not swaddled and she's out like a light! I just didn't know if they needed to be swaddled until a certain age.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    No. I never swaddled Gavin out of the hospital because he hated it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Nope! A lot of babies like it because it makes them feel secure, but there's no reason to do it if they don't like it.
  4. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    No. I never swaddled Gavin out of the hospital because he hated it.
    Did you put a blanket over him or just a warm sleeper or something else? Sorry for all the questions, I wasn't sure if a blanket was a good idea so I put her in her swaddler thing but left the upper part open.
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    Did you put a blanket over him or just a warm sleeper or something else? Sorry for all the questions, I wasn't sure if a blanket was a good idea so I put her in her swaddler thing but left the upper part open.
    I've always just covered him with a blanket. It's a personal preference because many people don't feel safe with a blanket but he loves his blankey. He pulls up to the side of his face & passes out.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt hated swaddling, too. Even in the hospital, the nurses would come in and re-swaddle him every time and then he'd freak out. It was so annoying! We slept with Wyatt in our bed until he was 8mos old so he had blankets and pillows.
  7. Senior Member
    We've used a blanket with Bowen, but if you aren't comfortable with it I'd just make sure she's dressed warmly. A good rule of thumb is if the back of her neck is warm she's warm enough, even if her hands and cheeks are cold.