Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Would they even do anything?

1. Senior Member

Would they even do anything?

Advertisements
    Bowen and I are both super congested and coughing. He's running a low fever, like 100-101. The only thing that really worries me is that he sounds a little rattley in his chest. But I don't want to waste a trip to the Dr if there's nothing they can do. I can treat his fever and cough here with Tylenol and steam, etc. soooo,.yeah. Would you go? The advice nurse gave me the infamous "it's up to you."
  2. Senior Member
    How long has he been sick? If its been a day or to I would try waiting it out a few more days IMO

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member
    We've been stuffy for about five days, but his cough just started yesterday and the rattle this morning.
  4. Senior Member
    It's intermittent, though, not like a constant thing.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    there is a good chance he and you have a upper respertory ( sp) infection.
    I am in the south and it is spreading like wildfire here, I have it and just started antibiotics yesterday.
  6. Senior Member
    I tested DH he worked in pediatricsfor a yr and the ER at NAS for 2 yrs and he said pretty much any Dr would tell you give him Tylenol and steam and keep an eye on the fever he said kids run hot and they don't normally worry to much about a fever unless its really high for a long period (in his experience) 100 - 101 isn't bad and if he isn't improving with in about 2 days then go. That's all can advise I don't have kids I have lived with and helped my sister with all her kids.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    there is a good chance he and you have a upper respertory ( sp) infection.
    I am in the south and it is spreading like wildfire here, I have it and just started antibiotics yesterday.
    Hmmm maybe we should go in, then. my friend took her kids in for pretty much the same symptoms and they told her it was just allergies, but ours seems a little more aggressive. I think I'll call back and see if we can get an appointment so I don't have to deal with the walk in clinic.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katebugg07 View Post
    I tested DH he worked in pediatricsfor a yr and the ER at NAS for 2 yrs and he said pretty much any Dr would tell you give him Tylenol and steam and keep an eye on the fever he said kids run hot and they don't normally worry to much about a fever unless its really high for a long period (in his experience) 100 - 101 isn't bad and if he isn't improving with in about 2 days then go. That's all can advise I don't have kids I have lived with and helped my sister with all her kids.
    Thanks! I appreciate you asking him.

We have an appointment on Monday, and if he gets worse over the weekend we'll go in.
  9. Senior Member
    I think the best thing to always do is fallow your gut and if there is a cootie bug going around your area I would go in. I hope yall feel better soon

Dr. Seuss
  10. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Ugh coughing bbs.
    Alex used to get bronchitis when she was a baby when everyone else had just a regular cold. It was awful!!! Now that she's 3 she still coughs pretty hard.